All reviews awesome hotel international flight nice breakfast train station ground level boutique hotel public areas spacious rooms frankfurt airport business trip main station comfort gym
Reviewed 8 October 2016

What a great hotel, located across the street from the train station. The staff was very friendly from check through check out. The room was huge, offered windows that actually opened (very rare) and the bed was amazing. The wifi was a little slow a first but seemed to pick up after a few attempts. Loved the lounge and the outside sitting area. I hope to stay here again soon. Loved it

Date of stay: October 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 3 October 2016

I stay here for business trips in the area and have to say this is such a lovely hotel. The rooms I have stayed in are always large with a really good sized bathroom. There are rooms which have cooking facilities but I haven't used them. The beds are so comfy & there is air con in the room which works well. It is well situated near the train station and the town centre is only about a 10 minute walk. The staff are always so helpful and the restaurant has nice food. I don't know if I would want to be in my room after 7.30 because there is major building work going on, on one side of the hotel, but as I am on work trips I am up early and it doesn't effect me. I would recommend this hotel if people like smaller type hotels but still get a good service.

Date of stay: September 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 28 August 2016

I really liked Mannheim but I didn’t have a particularly good time at the Syte Hotel, I hope you may have a better time and my experience should stop you having the same issues.

In summary my poor experience is based on the following
-The rooms were not cleaned even after complaint.
-The bin was not emptied even after complaint.
-There were hairs left of the headboard of the bead and in the shower.
-The floors were not hoovered.
-The tea, coffee and water were never replenished.
-The rooms look on to private building with no privacy
-No credible attempt to rectify issues.

The electronic room keys continually failed and I had frequent trips to get new keys, a problem as they also activate the lifts.

Please also note that the hotel reserve €50 a day + full room cost onto your credit card until the bill is settled, this was not clear from the hotel at booking or the booking agent.

Parking is on street at €10 a night if you use official car parks or free if you find a street space after 18:00. There are really nice places to eat in the town, I didn't eat in the hotel.

The focus of my poor experience was clearly the management of the hotel however my frequent trips to reception enforced my view that the staff were pleasant.

It was clear that the responsibility of ensuring quality of service lay with the guest to complain before any review of service took place and my complaints to reception were not rectified.

This hotel make their money very easily, I will never visit again.

Room tip: Never expect service in my experience it won't happen, keep pushing the staff until you are happy.
Date of stay: August 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Hospitality_Guys, Manager at SYTE Hotel Mannheim, responded to this reviewResponded 20 September 2016

Dear Ritchie00112233,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience after your stay with us.
Please accept our most sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused during your stay with us.

Whilst this is not representative of our usual high standard of service, it seems that on this occasion we have not met yours, and our own expectations. I would like to assure you that your feedback is taken seriously and acted upon accordingly.

I hope you will give us another chance to show you how fantastic your stay can be with us when visiting Mannheim again.

I look forward to welcoming you back.

With best regards
Johannes Groebler and SYTE Team

Reviewed 12 August 2016

Syte is a charming and welcoming hotel, just across the road from the train station. The staff were helpful and genuine. The décor was delightful, thoughtful touches everywhere. The bed room was spacious, as was the bathroom. We only stayed one night, due to a tight schedule, but would happily return. The food was very good, but I think the standout was the décor, it was like visiting a friend's country residence. Enjoy !

Date of stay: July 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Margaret L
Reviewed 2 July 2016

Gorgeous and stylish hotel. Bar was great and they serve great cocktails, food was nice but . Room were very tastefully done out and it would have been the perfect hotel if the rooms were cleaned properly. When we arrived there was blood on the toilet lid and toe nails on the floor. The white sheets had blood stains on them and this really let our stay down. We were only there for two nights but it has put us off staying again.

Date of stay: June 2016