Lowest prices for your stay
US$80
Hotels.com
US$80
Priceline
US$66
TravelocityUS$80
eDreamsUS$66
CheapTicketsUS$80
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 17 December 2019

Let's start by saying it's a 2 star hotel - so don't expect anything fancy. I was surprised it looked like the pictures, just without the enhacement and 30 years older :)

Reception is available 24/7 - elevator to rooms was working fine. Check-in is at 2 and they didn't let us check-in early but told us to leave the bags in a nearby room, which wasn't locked or anything, so we were a bit worried - but went fine.

The room was clean, dated and worn out, but manageable. Our bathroom was a bit of a tight squeeze - but functional and hot water in shower plenty for 2 people to shower back to back.
The room key is an old school big one, so make sure to drop it at reception every time you go out.
For the purpose of simply sleeping and showering, this hotel fitted our needs and budget.
Tram station is 2-3 minutes walk from hotel, makes it easy to get around the area.
Plenty of Christmas markets in Karlsruhe and surrounding little towns, all worth seeing.

Would I stay here next time, if i was on a budget, why not! If I wanted to spend a bit more, i'd probably pick a different hotel.

PS: don't get breakfast included - you could walk around 5-6 minutes and find tons of cafes bakeries around Hauptbanhof that are offering better stuff

Date of stay: December 2019
2  Thank Gio F
Reviewed 9 July 2019 via mobile

Remember that this is a cheap and well situated hotel. 4 stars means great value for money. It is clean, the room is large enough and the breakfast is good enough. The price is so low that this must be one of the best 2 star hotels I’ve visited. If you travel on a budget (or save for better dinners) then this is the place to book. Don’t hesitate.

Date of stay: July 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 June 2019

If you just want to stay overnight for arriving/departing from Baden-Baden airport then this could be a good cheap choice. For a longer stay, maybe not.
The hotel is near the train station, but away from the city center. The room was ok and clean, but the mattress could be better; the one in my bed didn't provide a good night rest and the bed was very narrow. Bathroom and shower were ok, although small. Free WiFi worked and there were available walk sockets to plug and charge your devices. Noise isolation from other rooms was pretty bad. They had breakfast but I didn't try it; I hadn't add it to the reservation and the night receptionist didn't want to change the reservation at 1AM, when I arrived! Too bad for them. Notice: the stay is prepaid on arrival.

Date of stay: June 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 8 June 2019

The hotel in and of itself was ok. But the customer service was terrible and they have dishonest hotel management.

I initially booked a tripled room with them via Booking.com. A few weeks later I sent them and email and asked them to cancel my 3 person room reservation and change it to a 2 person reservation. Instead they booked me an ADDITIONAL room for 2 people and never sent me any notification that they were doing so and because of this, I had NO IDEA I HAD 2 SEPARATE RESERVATIONS for 1x 3 person room and 1 x 2 person room. Had I known so, I would have certainly canceled the extra room. When we arrived at the hotel it was only 2 people and we were surprised to know there were 2 room reservations. They refused to cancel the extra room and I was charged TWICE. Not only that, the double room was charged at exactly the same price as the triple room so they overcharged me as well for the double room. They refused to give me a refund via Booking.com. I am currently trying to dispute the charges via my credit card. We NEVER SIGNED FOR THE EXTRA ROOM. WE NEVER STAYED IN THE EXTRA ROOM. WE NEVER GAVE THEM AUTHORIZATION TO CHARGE THE CREDIT CARD FOR THE EXTRA ROOM. Completely dishonest personnel and unfriendly as well. Language may have been a barrier, but they state on their site that both English and German is spoken. Its a pity, because we have stayed at this hotel in the past and had no complaints. I will never book there again for any future travels to Karlsruhe.

Date of stay: May 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 2 May 2019

The hotel is average but very cheap and the main advantage is it is near to the train station . A 5 minute walk from the hotel .Everything is easily accessible . The room is very small but adjustable . Share bathroom and restroom is one of the disadvantage but you cant expect everything for such a cheap price .Definitively recommendable for 1-2 days of stay .

Date of stay: April 2019