Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Trip.com
Travelocity
Orbitz.com
All reviews newer part pool area old wing lounge chairs underground car parking hotel spa coffee machine rooms are modern black forest fantastic hotel night stay thermal spa air conditioning stuttgart euro sabrina balconies
Selected filters
Reviewed 1 September 2020

I am a Radisson Reward Gold member and had booked one of the hotel’s business rooms for two nights. Normally at check in, your status is recognised, but no such thing here. When I asked if an upgrade, which is one of the perks you enjoy as a Gold Member, I was told that there were no rooms available in higher categories. I thought that was strange as you still could book higher categories on the hotel’s own website. When I later asked the front office manager, he gave me a different story, something about there being a limit to how many rooms they were able to sell. (I did not ask for an additional room, just a switch.)
The room we got had a lovely balcony, but unfortunately one of the balcony chairs was broken. I asked the reception to replace it and they promised to do so, but it proved extremely difficult to get this done.

There was a large television in the room, but no remote control. It also proved very hard to get a remote sent up to the room.

There was a lovely Nespresso machine in the room, but no coffee capsules. The front office manager said that this was because of Corona. I found this strange as there was sachets of dissolvable coffee. No tea by the way. The minibar was also very strange, randomly filled, but not according to the minibar list in the room.

They apparently wanted all the guest to use one coffee machine located in the lobby. Not a great idea in these Corona times as I never saw this machine being disinfected.
I had requested a meeting with the hotel manager and was told to be back the next day at 13:00, which I of course was only to be told that the person was in Berlin. I have sent letters to the hotel and checked by phone if they have arrived (which it had), but till this day nobody has bothered to answer (I checked out on the 7th of August).
I loved the old hotel building with its unique atmosphere, but have seldom experienced such a total disregard for hotel guests. You cannot treat your guests this way.

Room tip: Try to get one of the rooms in the old, original wing of the hotel
2  Thank Sjurontour
Josefine Böhm, Marketing at Radisson Blu Badischer Hof Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 September 2020

Dear Guest, Thank you very much for your review. I am very sad to hear you weren't satisfied with your stay and that it came to the described inconvenience. Please accept our sincere apologies! Could you please send an email (attention to Josefine Böhm) with your contact details to info.badenbaden@radissonblu.com, so I can get in contact with you directly to discuss your complaint?
Once again, please accept our sincere apologies and be assured that we take your review very seriously. Looking forward to hear from you soon. Kind regards from Baden-Baden, Josefine Böhm, Marketing

Reviewed 26 August 2020

We stayed in a junior suite which was very spacious and had a handy additional WC, which was useful when travelling as a family. The beds were large and comfortable and the room was very clean and well equipped. The swimming pools are large and lovely. The staff that we interacted with were very friendly and helpful and they even sent some items on to us that we left behind in the room. Breakfast was continental and plentiful. The hotel is beautiful inside and is very convenient for Baden Baden shops, restaurants and the park. The single downside for me was the cost of parking, which at 19 Euro per day soon adds up.

Date of stay: July 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family
Josefine Böhm, Marketing at Radisson Blu Badischer Hof Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2020

Dear Catherine, thanks so much for your positive feedback. I am thrilled to know that our team welcomed you warmly and that you are happy with your room. It would be our pleasure to welcome you again soon. Kind regards, Radisson Blu Badischer Hof Hotel.

Reviewed 24 August 2020 via mobile

This has to be one of the worst hotel stays in the past 15 years. Let’s start with one of the few positives; the location to town is perfect it’s right near the centre plus it has its own secure parking though the bays are tight and spots are limited. The junior suite was a good size end relatively modern. So that has the good sides covered. Aircon in our room 125 exists in principle but not in practice. We complained to the front desk on 3 occasions asking for it to be fixed but not sure anything was done. Eventually complained to the manager who offered to room move us to a smaller room with a split unit ac, yet as we were travelling with a 3 year old and 3 month old this wasn’t feasible. We were offered a few fans which made it tolerable, however no discount was offered on the room, was comped 2 bottles of beer and a bottle of water. Hotel was full so other room of same size wasn’t available. What to some extend added insult to injury was that this was an on going issue and we were told the room would be moved to out of order status once we check out. Out first two days we came back after a day out about 15:00 and the room was still not cleaned, first time housekeeping knocked a few minutes after we arrived so we went to the pool. The second time at 15:30 I called the front desk and asked for the room to be cleaned, came back after an hour nothing done. Went to the front desk and asked for it to be cleaned and housekeeping hung up on the front desk staff! The room was eventually cleaned and I was promised that it would be done in the morning on the next day which it was. So if you think that breakfast might be one of the redeeming features guess again. You get freshly brewed cold coffee, the selection of what is on offer is meagre to say the least. We only found out that you could get eggs to order when we saw someone else getting them, none of the staff ever told us and before you ask I am a native German speaker. Ah at least you can relax in the dirty area they call the pool and thermal bath. If you are a gluten for punishment then this is the place for you. BTW Baden Baden is a very high end area and it is a miracle this Place is still in operation especially at the price they charge.

2  Thank Draftbear

Dear Draftbear, thank you for taking the time to share your experiences with us. We noticed that you were not completely satisfied with your stay. It is disappointing to read how you perceived your experience with us; however, I certainly appreciate the constructive points made. Be assured that I shared your observations with the relevant department heads, as it is only through acting on feedback such as yours that the appropriate improvements can be made. Please accept our sincere apologies. We hope that you will consider staying at the Radisson Blu Badischer Hof Hotel again so that we may show you the great hospitality and superb service for which we are known. Kind regards, Radisson Blu Badischer Hof Hotel.

Reviewed 21 August 2020 via mobile

Be warned that numbers to the pool are limited and you are not made aware of this when you check in. There were queues of people in bathrobes in the lobby waiting to swim. No monitoring of use meant guests were walking round the front of the hotel to get to the pool/garden and using their own towels. We know Covid has resulted in the restriction but the management of it was very poor. The bar was shut so you couldn’t do anything whilst you waited in your swimmers! Nice old building and recently refurbished bathrooms but bedrooms are boiling... we got lucky with finding a fan but others didn’t. Air con couldn’t be adjusted to help. Great location and right by old town. Didn’t eat there after pool fiasco. Book a car park space if possible as it filled up.

1  Thank smallkidswilltravel

Dear smallkidswilltravel, thank you for taking the time to share your experiences with us. We noticed that you were not completely satisfied with your stay. It is disappointing to read how you perceived your experience with us; however, I certainly appreciate the constructive points made. Be assured that I shared your observations with the relevant department heads, as it is only through acting on feedback such as yours that the appropriate improvements can be made. Please accept our sincere apologies. We hope that you will consider staying at the Radisson Blu Badischer Hof Hotel again so that we may show you the great hospitality and superb service for which we are known. Kind regards, Radisson Blu Badischer Hof Hotel.

Reviewed 21 August 2020 via mobile

This hotel is an absolute joke! The staff are the rudest I have ever encountered, the breakfast is awful (not even any coffee)! The pool area is small and unhygienic and I can see so many gaps in the COVID-19 measures that I decided to check out early. Even this was a nightmare as the reception was only manned by one person and is full of people venting their frustrations as well! AVOID AT ALL COSTS!

3  Thank hughesalanjohn44

Dear hughesalanjohn44, thank you for taking the time to share your experiences with us. We noticed that you were not completely satisfied with your stay. It is disappointing to read how you perceived your experience with us; however, I certainly appreciate the constructive points made. Be assured that I shared your observations with the relevant department heads, as it is only through acting on feedback such as yours that the appropriate improvements can be made. Please accept our sincere apologies. We hope that you will consider staying at the Radisson Blu Badischer Hof Hotel again so that we may show you the great hospitality and superb service for which we are known. Kind regards, Radisson Blu Badischer Hof Hotel.