“Good atmosphere and food”

Le Palais Saint Jean
Reserve with
Le Palais Saint Jean is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 011 of 3 708 Restaurants in Lyon
Price range: US$24 - US$44
Cuisines: French
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 28 June 2018

We spent an pleasant evening here. Staff were very helpful. Food was good quality and good portion sizes, but wine is expensive!

Reviewed 11 June 2018 via mobile

We were a group of four who were really hoping for a good meal as we rarely get the chance to meet up. The food was uninspiring for the price. My marinated salmon was room temperature (the accompanying salad was chilled). Quantity was fine, quality poor. The Potato Rosti was over cooked as were the vegetables. Even my medium Steak was “well done”. I told them when ordering that I was allergic to gluten in clear French. Twice the same waitress told me the wine source was gluten free! When it came it was clearly a gravy with red wine and I re-checked with another waitress to be told it had gluten in it. I was not best pleased the waitress took it away and apologised. I got NO apology from the waitress who had made the mistake who rather rudely looked away if ever she had to pass our table. There was no reduction on the bill or recompense for the mistake. Her mistake could have made me very ill! There was a poor atmosphere in the restaurant and the food was overpriced for what it was. I nearly always write good reviews, but would certainly not return here, or recommend it to others.

Reviewed 27 May 2018 via mobile

Funny thing...as my family approached this restaurant, a local said “don’t eat there or anywhere on this street, it’s for the tourists”. I should have listened! The price was too much and the quality was crappy. Do yourself a favor and go somewhere else! The only reason we went was because my son dined there last summer and he said it was delicious. He ordered what he ate before and was very disappointed. He said lots had changed, the sauce, the veggies and the selection of meat. He even pulled out an old photo of the same dish from last summer and what a difference! This restaurant has obviously gone downhill. Would never return!

Reviewed 9 April 2018

We enjoyed eating in this restaurant. It’ open seven days a week and non-stop from lunch time to late at night. A pleasant place to spend an evening.

Reviewed 20 February 2018 via mobile

We stopped in here and had the 23 euro menu. My husband had the salade chèvre chaude and raviolis and I opted for the French onion soup and quenelle. The soup was terrific, and the fish was good. My husband thought his meal was just okay. The service was fantastic, as was the glace à praline we had for dessert. Topped off with a pichet or two of Chardonnay, it was a nice time.

Been to Le Palais Saint Jean? Share your experiences!