Lowest prices for your stay
US$349
Hotels.com
Expedia.comUS$337
Trip.comUS$350
CheapTicketsUS$337
All reviews honeymoon suite overlooking the river every afternoon middle of town amazing hotel swimming pool ski room perfect location french alps crepes steam room apres ski francesca shuttle luxury slopes des
Selected filters
Reviewed 24 February 2021

We had a MAGICAL experience at Grand Hotel Des Alpes! Everything was perfect! The room and the bed were very comfortable, we saw French Alps from our windows. The staff was very sweet and attentive, all our requests were fulfilled. I was also impressed by COVID-19 measures at the Grand Hotel Des Alpes. Everything was organized so well that we haven’t even seen anyone during our stay! We were alone at the SPA (because you need to book it in advance and it becomes private only for you), we had our breakfast and gastronomic dinner in the room (and it was a great experience! The food was great!)
In the SPA we were glad to enjoy the swimming pool with mountain view, jacuzzi bath, sauna and the steam room.
We advice Grand Hotel des Alpes to everyone, who appreciates wide range of luxury facilities and 5-star service!

Date of stay: February 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Katia Saggia, Directeur général at Grand Hotel des Alpes, responded to this reviewResponded 10 March 2021

Dear HannaRedheadFox,

Thank you a lot for this wonderful review!!
We are glad you enjoyed your stay! Despite this difficult situation, we work hard to let our guests enjoy the hotel facilities, I'm very happy you noticed and appreciated it.
We hope to welcome you back again soon.
Kind Regards,
Giulia Clemente / hotel manager assistant

Reviewed 23 September 2020

This was really a treat of a hotel. The lobby, jazz lounge and rooms were all superior and the restaurant wonderful. It sits back a bit from the hustle and bustle of the town and offers great peace in a nice setting. Truly a great go to for Apres Ski.

Date of stay: October 2019
2  Thank jpmwarner
Reviewed 31 August 2020

The hotel was one of the nicest ones I stayed at during my Tour du Mont Blanc. The rooms had nice upscale furniture and bedding. I also stayed at another hotel in Chamonix and would pick Grande Hotel des Alpes again. The pool and spa were disappointing in size relative to the hotel I stayed at in Courmayeur. However, the Grande Hotel des Alpes felt much nicer in the rooms. The hotel is in the center of Chamonix with lots of nearby restaurants and shopping. I would stay here again if I am in Chamonix.

Breakfast at the hotel was somewhat expensive. You could get made to order omelettes and crepes made. I would probably prefer to go to nearby restaurant given the price.

Room tip: Quieter rooms face away from square
Date of stay: September 2019
3  Thank markmB9654XX
Reviewed 4 August 2020 via mobile

After spending considerable time reviewing which hotel to stay in while in Chamonix, we were overly delighted by our selection of the Grand Hotel. Wow, was it ever grand. The location was perfect, right on the main waking street near all the great restaurants, shops, and bars and the best fruit market in town. The rooms were entirely renovated while retaining the old world charm of wooden beams and floors. The daily appetizers apre ski were so tasty, varied, and gorgeous to look at. We also loved the convenience of the ski lockers, the fabulous pool, spa and sauna. But our favorite was the chauffeured ride to the lifts each morning. The driver was friendly and wealth of local knowledge. I understand the gentlemen that makes luxurious and well regarded super yacht builder Benetti renovated the hotel as a pet project. Just like his world famous boats with attention to detail, this same attention has been put into making this hotel a winner for enjoying Chamonix to the max.

Date of stay: March 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 5 March 2020

We recently returned from our 2nd stay at this hotel and we enjoyed it even more. In fact we have already reserved a week for next year (something I rarely do at hotels).

The hotel is situated right in the middle of the town and yet it is a quiet. It has a lovely boutique hotel feel about it (I believe it only has 30 rooms) and a lot of the original buildings features are still prominent and lovely. The staff are very attentive and helpful. I have travelled a lot and stayed in many exceptional hotels and occasionally you find a hotel that perhaps doesn't have all the bells and whistles but it has a heart and soul, this is one of those few.

Date of stay: February 2020
ghda, hotel manager assistant at Grand Hotel des Alpes, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2020

Dear Domhill,

Thank you for your comment, it is one of my favourite so far of our hotel. One that is a pleasure to read and read again. Having you again as guests was very nice, and please, say hello to your daughter from all of us. If you like to come back, you will find us in Chamonix.

Take care and kind regards,

Giulia Clemente / hotel manager assistant