“Excellent meal”

Ranked #70 of 529 Restaurants in Annecy
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Right in the heart of old Annecy, this place was recommended to us as the best place to get a super Swiss dish called 'Raclette'. We were not disappointed. The staff were fantastic and eager to ensure that we had everything we needed. The raclette, where you melt your own Swiss (Raclette cheese) and pour it over your boiled potatoes was absolutely delicious. Each of us had a huge plate with charcuterie, potatoes, slices of raclette cheese and salad. The portions were more than generous and we battled to finish. If I lived in Annecy, this would be a place that I would visit often. You need to try this place if you're visiting this city. Thank you.

Write a ReviewReviews (1 079)

2 - 6 of 1 080 reviews

Reviewed 9 March 2018

Restaurant is in the heart of Annecy's old town thus I went knowing what I will be getting, I didn't have a reservation but the owner was kind enough to make a table available. The decor in the restaurant is clearly well thought, it has a wild west feel to it, with soft lighting and candles added to the ambiance.

Service was variable, the two waitresses were terrible and with an attitude, they forgot as well as mixed up my orders, on the contrary, the waiter was spot on and prompt with all my requests.

Had a three-cheese fondue as main which was well blended and delicious, it is wise to not to order a side dish like I did as I struggled to finish the fondue even though it was shared. The local beer they served was excellent, though expensive at EUR7 per bottle.

Reviewed 3 February 2018 via mobile

Been here 3 or 4 times over the years, never had a good meal.
The place is recently renovated and makes you feel that you are in the alps. Stick to the local food and you won’t be disappointed.
But watch the wall upstairs if you have kids, something got lost in translation...

Reviewed 6 January 2018

We went in search of cheese fondue on a snowy winter day-a day trip from Lyon. L'Alpin was not our first choice, but our first choice was not open and we really wanted our cheese fondue since it is a family tradition at the holidays!! Well, in spite of the fact that we were a little late for our reservation....this was one of our favorite meals in France. We ordered the foie gras appetizer which was extremely generous in portion size and the server who was extremely nice told us to shout out if we needed more toast...we did, and he brought more without hesitation....then my sister and I shared the classic 3 cheese fondue-which we didn't even come close to finishing...this came to a big surprise to me knowing how much we love hot cheese and crusty bread. My husband had the beef tartar which he said was also quite good!!! All in all a lovely cozy afternoon meal in charming Annecy!!! We loved this place!!!

Reviewed 11 December 2017 via mobile

Visited in December on a Monday, so not many restaurants open and booked here based on their rating. Very very disappointed, felt incredibly rushed from entering the restaurant to leaving it was an hour. My wife had the cod which lets face it you can't really mess up with, I had Argentinean steak which was pretty bad, I have had Argentinean steak before and it has been delicious, this was tough as old boots and full of grissle and fat, very poor. Finished off with two dreadful coffees which we couldn't drink. Overall a really poor experience. With so many restaurants in Annecy one would think that restaurants would up their game to attract customers, but this one falls way short of the mark, much better available.