“What a rip off!”

Ranked #169 of 2 101 Restaurants in Nice
Price range: US$14 - US$34
Cuisines: French, Wine Bar
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Cote Lounge welcomes you in our terrace or inside our elegant abd classy room. Lounge bar, coktail & good quality restaurant.
Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

Called in for a quick drink. 9.30 in the evening. Given a food menu by the waiter. I explained We had already eaten. “So what do you want?”. Gin and tonic and a glass of house wine I replied. I was bought a Hendricks and tonic( we were not offered a drinks list) and the most expensive glass of red wine. After the quick drink I asked for the bill which was exorbitant! I speak French and argued that we asked for a simple G and T and a glass of house wine. He said “I wanted to make money as you were not eating”!!! All around us locals were drinking only... he was just trying it on with a tourist that had the guts to stand up to him. I paid two thirds of the bill and he shrugged his shoulders. Avoid this place!

Reviewed 17 June 2018 via mobile

Tried to get some ice water served with my beer but being a foreigner this was not possible instead we were served Evian bottled water. At the table next to us to French locals got tap water with their drinks

Claude C, Responsable commercial at Cote Lounge, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2018

Hello,
We are sorry for the inconvenience you have experienced.
Our habits are to serve cold water carafes at your request free of charge with ice cubes.
If our waiter offered to use bottled water, it was because at that time he decided that tap water could not be served at the table.
Indeed, it happens that our city water, according to the weather has a "bad taste". This is due to the chlorine that is added to the water to preserve alterations during its passage in the pipeline. However, this chlorine, even in small amount can alter the taste of water.
Hoping you will not stay on a negative opinion, we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 13 June 2018 via mobile

Great find! First saw this place by accident but after checking out the menu and also getting it recommend by a local we decided to eat here.

Great terrace outside with a small hedge giving you some privacy.

Our 2 gins were served promptly and looked and tasted great

Amazing lamb shank, the meat just fell off the bone the vegetables it came with were super tasty too! Truffle Pasta was also delicious .

This restaurant seemed very popular and I can definitely see why, great location / service / food

Claude C, Responsable commercial at Cote Lounge, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2018

Hello,
Thank you for these pleasant compliments. We hope to see you again and count you among our loyal customers

Reviewed 8 June 2018 via mobile

Unfortunately, service let them down. Twice I had to ask for drinks service, and twice I had to ask for the bill.
As I was paying by card, I was asked if I wanted to leave a tip. No was my answer, the mojitos were fine, service sadly lacking. This is the first time I have been asked to tip in France since it was included in the bill many years ago. I believe this practice is on the verge of being illegal.

Claude C, Responsable commercial at Cote Lounge, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2018

Hello,
Thank you for taking the time to share your evening.
We would like to apologize for the server request. Indeed, since 2014 the tip is not mandatory and it is the goodwill of the client, depending on the appreciation of the service rendered by the server .....
We will be happy to see you again and to count you among our loyal customers.
cordially

Reviewed 7 June 2018 via mobile

The warm camembert noted on the menu outside attracted me in and it dissappoint. Served with honey and two types of bread. Delicious. Portion is big enough for two people. It was so good we returned a second night for it.

For mains we tried fillet steak the first night, good quality meat served with pepper sauce but served a little cold for my liking. We had tuna tataki and thai chicken breat for mains the second night. Both tasty and presented well.

Restaurant is in a central location and very clean with good service so would recommend if you are visiting Nice.

We didnt have any dessert...only because we were too full!

Hello,
thank you for these nice compliments. We hope to see you again on your next visit.