“it was ok”

Cuisines: International
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 28 June 2018

one member of staff could do with lessons in customer service, he was so off hand! yet another member of staff was great, the food was good portion size and quite good, we enjoyed it for what it was, nothing special but ok food.

Reviewed 20 June 2018 via mobile

My partner and I came here because it looked really lovely and was busy!

We watched the England match whilst having the sea-bass fish and my partner the pasta.

A few hours later I was up being sick and having the runs!

I wish this review was good but it is a really terrible review because of food poisoning!

Reviewed 4 June 2018

After a long walk around Nice's Old Town, we were ready for a good meal and La Storia turned out to be a great restaurant for that :). The pizza and pasta were authentic and we tried the local dish socca which was tasty too! The service was excellent and we would highly recommend this place especially for vegetarians!

Reviewed 29 May 2018 via mobile

We stopped here one evening and returned for our last lunch too (at our sons request as the pizza was ‘so good’), we found the staff excellent, especially chokri who looked after us both visits and even let me attempt to order in my (beginner level) French (whilst being able to help in English whenever I was stuck!). The portions were very good (it seems common across Nice) and the food quality too we found excellent both visits and with a wide choice, we liked that they used a high quality cold pressed olive oil freely available on each table (purchased we found from the supplier up the same road so local produce too) and nice balsamic vinegar also freely on each table, we also liked that the staff sat and ate the same food as customers in a group in the corner too whilst we were there the second time (being mid afternoon ahead of our flight) which I think says a lot about the quality of the food, nice to see! Two adult meals, one children’s meal and three drinks coming to around 50 euros we thought the price was pretty good too! The market is right outside which made space tight and when they came to pack up the market, the vans etc had little room but from being invited to sit down to when we had a Perspex wall built around us ‘mid-meal’ to protect us from showers and wind we had a genuinely lovely experience soaking up the atmosphere! Hope to visit Nice again if we get the chance and we’d eat here again with pleasure!

Reviewed 12 May 2018

We went here for our last lunch in Nice. It was very busy and near the market so we thought we'd sit outside and people watch one last time before we went home!

Service was OK, waiter didn't speak much English, food not as nice as the other Italian we had eaten at but was OK overall. Probably wouldn't go back as was quite underwhelming.