All reviews tram stop railway station free drinks all day bed was amazingly comfortable free hot and cold drinks mins walk from the old town breakfast room breakfast choices the main shopping street noise from the street avenue jean recommend this hotel croissants french doors definitely stay here again single room speak french
Reviewed 7 October 2018 via mobile

I could not recommend this hotel enough. From the moment my friends and I got there we were treated amazingly. Nothing was a problem, the staff were fantastic they even gave us a free bottle bubbly one evening. The rooms were absolutely spotless and hotel was close to all local amenities. 10/10 for Hotel 64!

Stayed: October 2018, travelled with friends
2  Thank maireadp44
Reviewed 1 October 2018

Hotel staff was very helpful, and the breakfast was tasty, as others have noted. Also as others say, the hotel elevator was tiny, but nothing that anyone with experience in small European hotels would find out of the ordinary.

The hotel is very conveniently located near the tram station. It is about a 15-minute walk to the old town area of Nice, although the tram travels directly there in little time.

We paid for the larger room and it was spacious enough. The bathroom was clean and generally functional, with the exception of the shower. Taking up a corner of the bathroom without anything separating it from the rest of the bathroom may seem like a vogue design feature, but the practical result is water everywhere.

All in all, it was fine, a good value and well-suited to our purpose.

Stayed: September 2018
1  Thank BFLundin
Reviewed 1 October 2018

I booked this hotel months in advance of my scheduled holiday. It looked lovely and the reviews seems relatively good. By the time my holiday was approaching I received a email from booking.com to say I needed to update my credit card details. My card had expired since I booked the holiday. I duly updated my details days in advance of our departure date and got an email to confirm these details had been updated and safely passed on to the hotel safely.

Fast forward to about 24 hrs before I was due to fly I get an email from booking.com informing me that the Hotel had cancelled our booking because of 'invalid credit card details'. We ring the hotel who tell us that they never received new card details and that they don't have my data but then suggest that we EMAIL my card details if we want to keep this reservation that they have cancelled on us. This is an incredibly unsafe way to transfer such data and we declined because of the inconvenience and stress the day before we fly and we leave the reservation cancelled and we booked a different hotel. We did also call booking.com who confirmed the details had been given to hotel and that it was the hotel that cancelled. The only recourse they offered was sending us a link to rebook this hotel at a higher price. No thank you.

Now .....Fast forward to the afternoon before we fly - I check my bank account and to my absolute horror this hotel ' who confirm they never got my card details , who then cancelled my reservation based on that fact , who verify by phone they never received them' pre authorise my account for the full amount of the stay - aprox €650. Gutted - my spending money gone. Although a preauthorisation is not a charge ( which I did not know at the time that this is what it was - its still means I cant access this money until it it is returned , and my balance reflect a debit of this amount. I was so unsettled that I had been told that this hotel didn't hold my personal banking data to find out that they did and that they then proceeded to access that account.

We called the hotel in a panic , we get talking to someone who does not apologise for this inconvenience at all but who says that 'yes yes yes' it will be returned . Do we take them at their word , when will we get this back before our holiday is over.? Unbelievably after this conversation we got an email to say ' We confirm that you have cancelled your reservation - we hope to welcome you on another occasion' .

Not feeling reassured at all by this conversation and after getting an email putting the cancellation onus on us,we call back that afternoon and speak to a much more helpful gentleman who did apologise on behalf of his colleague , who then emailed us receipts that this pre- authorisation had been cancelled which we did appreciate given the anxiety of this whole situation.

I got the money back on the last evening of our holidays. After the holiday was over , a much different holiday than we had planned because our budget was diminished.

Other than the above experience of this hotel , I cant comment on the hotel itself , or its facilities as I didn't stay here but I do hope that whatever was allowed to happen in this situation that provisions are put in place to ensure it does not happen again for this Hotels future guests. Accidents happen, human error happen , but when people personal banking data is concerned and where there is unauthorised access to people's personal accounts I think more care by this hotel needs to be taken and it should be considered a serious data protection concern for them going forward.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Howlinmoon
Reviewed 30 September 2018

Spent two nights here but made the mistake of getting a classic room which is extremely small, even for one traveling alone. Sadly the hotel was fully booked but I did see some of the other larger rooms which I would have preferred. I didnt try the breakfast not included in the price but the free soft drinks are a definite plus. I mainly chose the hotel for its proximity to the train station and that made it a good choice. But the neighborhood can be crowded and noisy at times, and female solo travelers might not feel that safe at night walking alone.

Stayed: September 2018
1  Thank AbeLincoln115
Reviewed 25 September 2018 via mobile

Clean and quiet. Central location. Very close to the Nice train station. Try to get a room not overlooking the main street. wifi and soft drinks are free. If you arrive by car stop at the hotel to get your suitcases out and then to Thier parking immediately after the train station. The hotel should send all customers clear arrival instructions.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple