“Lovely apartment, great location”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
KarenJ146...
London, United Kingdom
“Lovely apartment, great location”
Reviewed 6 November 2014 for a stay in September 2014

Great stay in light spacious flat, full of character. Fantastic central location on the northern edge of the Old Town, close to shops, cafes, and restaurants. Owner very helpful. Looking forward to another visit.

566asdfgh
Newcastle, United Kingdom
“Great central location”
Reviewed 13 May 2014 for a stay in May 2014
person found this review helpful

Centrally located flat with great access to port, old town and Place Garibaldi. Easy access to bakers for morning croissants and tram, restaurants and food shops close by. Good light within flat and balcony is an assett. Comfortable and good value. Owner very helpful.

Travelling group: Extended Family
Your age range 50-64
GreedyGou...
England
“A taste of real French life”
Reviewed 25 March 2014 for a stay in March 2014
person found this review helpful

We always wanted to stay in a typically French apartment in a French neighbourhood where we could shop, eat and mix with the locals. Eat breakfast at the boulangerie round the corner. Eat dinner at one of the many restaurants - was it 1037 at the last count? But we also wanted comfort, convenience and (relatively) low cost. Yes, and warmth, without taking a long haul flight in February. Previous reviewers have commented on noise. You don't get to stay in the centre of any city without a certain amount of hustle and bustle. That's part and parcel of the experience. We found the apartment perfect for our needs. Large, airy, spacious and very French!

rpretl
Baltimore, Maryland
“Perfect location, great experience”
Reviewed 12 February 2014 for a stay in January 2014
person found this review helpful

Since our daughter lives in Nice, we travel from the USA frequently to visit her. We have stayed in many apartments, and Rue Papon now rates as our favorite. The location is ideal - very close to the Old Town, but just far enough away that you don't have the noise from the many late night establishments there. The tram is just steps away, the airport bus is around the corner, the Mono Prix supermarket and many great shops are nearby, and the port and Promenade are within easy walking distance. The apartment is very comfortable, and does have the Old World France flavor that visitors appreciate. My wife and I are 60+, and had no problem with the walk up the stairs. We especially appreciated that the apartment even had a Pack 'n Play crib and a high chair, since our daughter and granddaughter visited us every day. I would recommend the Rue Papon apartment to anyone looking for an authentic Nice experience.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The location
Liked least: We had to leave to come home
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Catriona3...
Dublin, Ireland
“Sleepless in Nice!”
Reviewed 15 November 2013 for a stay in October 2013

Wishing to experience a little more than a taste of Nicoise life, we rented this apartment for three weeks from the end of September 2013. It is in an excellent location, within walking distance of many wonderful amenities; the old town, the port, seafront, the modern art gallery, the main library, the chateau hill, trams, buses, a good supermarket and Pauls, a wonderful bakery. We were welcomed by the owner with the gift of a bottle of wine and were able to get access c90 minutes before the actual check-in time which was really helpful.

When I asked about noise level before booking, I was assured that as "Rue Papon' is a 'no through road' so there is no passing traffic day or night!" (quote). On this basis, we booked for 3 weeks. However, we found this was definitely not the case. At times, there were up to 20 motorbikes parked just below the bedroom window, each of which had to start up, rev up and zoom off!!! Worst of all, the tram system, which operates 21 out of 24 hours went within 30 metres of the said bedroom, sounding warnings! At around 4.50 am, a council van flashing warning lights and hazard beeps would hose down the street. Bin lorries noisily collected the rubbish in the early hours. While we have stayed in a number city centres before, the bedrooms were all located at the back of the apartments and so outside noise was not an issue.

Besides the noise, we found the bed, and its accompanying linen, below standard. One usually expects a good quality mattress with a 6 foot brass bed head. What we found instead were 2 single foam mattresses loosely attached, with single bed linen. Snuggling up was indeed precarious! When I asked for a double flat sheet, I was assured that if too hot, guests normally remove the single duvets from their covers and use these as top sheets. This response was not what I was expecting from a quality, and not inexpensive, apartment in Nice. The second bedroom is very small and it would be difficult to see how two adults could share this room. The couch/bed in the lounge is very uncomfortable with springs protruding randomly. Although included in some of the websites, there is no tumble dryer, which would have been useful on occasion.
Overall, I would say that the pictures of this apartment promise luxury accommodation and in my view, 2 Rue Papon, 2nd floor falls far short.

How easy was key pickup/access to the property? Bedding & mattresses
Kitchen & utensils Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
Liked best: Location
Liked least: Noise
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Management Response
20 Nov 2013
My 'Rue Papon' apartment is indeed in an excellent, convenient and very central location and near the wonderful new state-of-the-art tramway system.
As other visitors have said, it is charming, comfortable, airy, spacious, gorgeous and spotless. I have had the same cleaning lady for 14 years. I have never employed itinerant, temporary or student cleaners.
For such a central location this apartment is not noisy by normal city-dwelling standards. It is indeed in a street with no through or passing traffic. That is unusual in Nice.
I have 9 different apartments in Nice. 2 of them are in what one would describe as in 'quiet and calm' locations, although even then, you might hear a motorbike at night. If I had been advised that these visitors were finding this apartment not to their precise requirements I could have offered them other apartments to move to, but it would not be possible to guarantee silence at night.
Unlike some cities I have visited, the Nice authorities care very much about the cleanliness, health and hygiene in the city. They have teams who wash down the streets with hosepipes and clear all the rubbish away every night. They don't only do this at Rue Papon - they do it in every street throughout Nice. Most people are very happy about this and appreciate it. (Much of the time I live in England . The streets are never washed down, and most of the rubbish is only collected once every 14 days !)
This apartment regularly accommodates up to 6 people and for them the price goes from £11 per person per night through to a maximum of £21 per person per night in the peak season. This can not be described as a 'luxury' price.
This is a very popular apartment all year round, and the prices I charge are the same as I charged in 2001. I have never increased my prices. But furthermore, I gave these visitors an extra special discount of £300(GB£three hundred) below my normal price.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing