All reviews tram stop rooftop pool cleaned daily very pleasant stay old town good size monaco promenade
Reviewed 2 September 2018 via mobile

As Novotel is one of my top two choices of hotels the question was what one to pick in Nice and I’m glad I chose this one.

We booked a executive room as this Novotel doesn’t have junior suites, however the room was spacious, clean and maintained daily very well.

The hotel is typical Novotel; spotless with the staff welcoming, helpful and chatty.

The rooftop pool is nice and clean with views of Nice. It’s not that big and maybe around 20 loungers, however I used it at the end of the day as the beach is just a short tram journey away which had warm Mediterranean water for swimming.

The breakfast on offer was fresh and well stocked and the outside area was a pleasant area to relax while eating.

Overall very satisfied and more than happy with my stay. Already looking at book here for next year again.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Hotel-cmanager, General Manager at Novotel Nice Centre Vieux Nice, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2018

Dear Iain,

It was a pleasure to receive your glowing review!

We do our best to ensure that guests feel welcome and it is very rewarding to read that you enjoyed your stay.

We are glad that you room met your expectations and we appreciate your kind words about our team members.

Thank you for mentioning our relaxing panoramic pool and delicious breakfast. We are delighted that you chose to stay with us, even more so now that you will return for another memorable stay next year!

Our entire team is looking forward to welcome you back.

Reviewed 31 August 2018 via mobile

Currently in the hotel and got ‘upgraded’ to a higher room to make our anniversary special. No one said this was next to the lift so every few minutes I’m hearing a loud bang and the lift going up and down! How is this an upgrade? I am now wide awake after traveling on 3 hours sleep and not being able to sleep now I am so angry and not impressed at all!

I want a manager to contact me as soon as possible to discuss this!

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Hotel-cmanager, General Manager at Novotel Nice Centre Vieux Nice, responded to this reviewResponded 3 September 2018

Dear Zoe,

If you still at the hotel, kindly go to the reception and discuss the issue with the front desk and available manager.

We are here for you 24/7.

Reviewed 29 August 2018

Stayed at Novotel Nice Centre Vieux for a few days in August with my family. Very impressed and would recommend this hotel. The hotel was clean and service excellent. Very friendly and welcoming staff - even telephoning our room when my daughter had left her sunglasses on the breakfast table. Pool on the roof (with pool bar) is lovely. Good air con and good wifi. Hotel is located very close to a tram stop - easy access to the seafront, promenade, and restaurants. Room was to a good standard and cleaned daily. Would definitely return.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Pierre M, Directeur général at Novotel Nice Centre Vieux Nice, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2018

We would like to thank you for reviewing your recent stay with us.
It's great to hear that you enjoyed our location just minutes from downtown and the beach as well as our beautiful panoramic pool and the quality of the breakfast.
See you soon we hope to see you again
cordially

Reviewed 28 August 2018

One of thee worst hotels I and my girlfriend Gill (fae Dundee)have ever stayed in.

The room reeked of 1991(when I was still in my prime) the bed was comfy and it was clean but very very dated.
Breakfast is a disappointment scrambled eggs is more an egg soup and the bacon looks like they have thrown the best bits away and left the scraps!! The kitchen staff work hard but the bar staff are weird and rude, one dropped a tray of glasses on my foot and did not even acknowledge doing it (not even a ooo lalala!!).

The reception staff should be working in a funeral home, no social skills what so ever and painfully slow . And very poor local knowledge.

Avoid avoid avoid !!!!

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Hotel-cmanager, General Manager at Novotel Nice Centre Vieux Nice, responded to this reviewResponded 31 August 2018

Dear Antonio

We are so sorry to hear that your recent stay with us didn't meet your expectations. This is not the quality of service we strive to provide to our guests.

I will be investigating this situation in person. Don't hesitate to contact me by private message on H1103-OM@accor.com

Reviewed 22 August 2018

I decided to Treat my wife and my 7 y.o daughter to a 2 week stay in Nice and Novotel Vieux Nice was best choice we made. We had a fantastic and very pleasant stay during the entire period we stayed there. The room was great, clean and specious for the 3 of us and the Breakfast will send you off to a good start to your day. A special Thanks to the Catering Team to include Joel, Omega, Therese and Fadila. They were superb in ensuring that all the guests what they wanted and made us all feel very welcome.The reception Team and room service were very helpful and the Swimming pool was definitely a Bonus! Novotel Vieux Nice was definitely a great experience and we will certainly be returning there for Business or Family holidays in the near future.Novotel Vieux Nice is also a Hotel that I will have no hesitation to recommend to others. I would like to Thank everyone at Novotel Vieux Nice for making us feel special and can't wait until our next visit.

Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Hotel-cmanager, General Manager at Novotel Nice Centre Vieux Nice, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2018

Dear Edward.

Thank you for letting us know how satisfied you were with your recent stay, we appreciate your feedback.

Our hotel aims to provide a memorable experience, and we are delighted that we were able to exceed your expectations.

Your satisfaction is our utmost satisfaction, and we also look forward to welcoming you and your family back on a future visit. It is always rewarding for our team to be commended by a guest and we are very happy to hear that you received a courteous and professional service from all our team members.

I will not hesitate to pass on our kind comments to the people you especially mention. Thank you for speaking so highly of your dining experience. We are very grateful for your detailed review.

We hope to see you all again very soon. With my best wishes,