All reviews chevre d'or eden restaurant goat les remparts relais chateaux michelin restaurant medieval village take your breath away hotel grounds once in a lifetime spectacular views cap ferrat terrace bar bucket list every turn french riviera our honeymoon
Reviewed 13 August 2018 via mobile

I had very high expectations staying at legendary Chèvre D’Or. The views and the garden is truly amazing, but the service and prices takes down the score slightly.

Staff missed giving us clean porcelain and emptying the trash which is really basic during cleaning. They also missed putting the baby cot in our room. After dinner when we called about this, the night staff who brought the bed could not mount it nor gave us any sheets so the baby had to sleep between us anyway. They were all very friendly, but from this exclusive luxury hotel
I expect these points to be a non-issue.

Also the bar has the highest prices I’ve seen, staying at many high end luxury hotels.

Still I am happy to have stayed at this beautiful and luxurious chateau as is it a very romantic and special experience, but I will probably not come back again.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 13 August 2018

Absolutely beautiful hotel with dramatic views of the Mediterranean. Our room was #42. We had a fabulous room with a small terrace overlooking the sea. Our regret is that we did not stay a second night. We had dinner at the hotel's Italian restaurant and it was delicious. The hotel is just fabulous. I cannot say enough about it.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 August 2018

We stayed in Nice for several days and ventured up to Eze. Its a beautiful small village some 1,300 feet over the MED. We enjoyed the Exotic Garden tour (well worth it) and strolled along the winding cobble stone paths leading to many quaint stores.

We came across the Chateau de la Chevre d'Or and it was fairly quiet so we decided to have lunch outside. When we walked in, the Restaurant was just that. Paradise Found. We kept it simple. We sat in the open bar section of the Terrace next to the Les Remparts and ordered the Cold Monaco Beer, the Burrata and Tomatoes with Basil and a very generous (amazing/incredible) cheese plate. The staff we so friendly and helpful.
The views from the Terrace are extraordinary, and well worth the experience. I would highly recommend it. Arrive early for lunch to get a choice seat.

Room tip: Room with a View
Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank loews
Reviewed 6 August 2018 via mobile

The location speaks for itself, but for me, revisiting the hotel since my wife and I first saw it in the 90s the stand out aspect was simply the service. The staff were impeccable, upgrading me to a junior suite and taking care of me during my stay. Everyone was very considerate and obliging but in particular, Quentin, Pierre-Paul, Matthew, Silvie, Mary, Mary-Lou, Chloe, Antonio, Alicia and Pierre-Jean were amazing in making me feel that I was among friends the moment I arrived until I left. Thank you.

Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 28 July 2018 via mobile

Amazing hotel and very good service.. the hotel restaurant have a very beautiful view to Eze city and sea .. really any one will visit this hotel will enjoy.. Friendly staff and very helpful I recommend it

Trip type: Travelled with friends