“Wonderful and educational tour!!”

Avignon Prestige Tours
Ranked #5 of 20 Food & Drink in Avignon
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Reviewed 23 April 2018 via mobile

Our guide, Benoit, took us on a tour of the chateauneuf du Pape wine region. He was incredibly knowledgeable and passionate and took us to some amazing wineries we as tourists would never have found. My wife and I are pretty inexperienced as far as wine tasting and culture are concerned and we walked away feeling well informed and comfortable with the topic. Thanks again Benoit we wish you the best!

BENOIT V, Propriétaire at Avignon Prestige Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2018

It was a real pleasure for me to have you discovered Chateauneuf du Pape in my company.
I am happy you have enjoy and wish you a great time in France.
Enjoy the wine...

"great photos"
"st remy"
in 8 reviews

Reviewed 19 April 2018

Spent a great day with Benoit visiting out of the way unique Provence towns from Arles through to Gordes Remy St Provence and many more. So hard to pick a favourite they were all so unique and different. Benoit was an excellent tour guide. He went out of his way to ensure we had a memorable day. Came away from our tour of Provence with some great memories of this wonderful area

Reviewed 18 April 2018 via mobile

We had an absolutely wonderful experience on a half-day wine tasting tour with a guide called Benoit. The tour was perfect, as we both got to see the area, get explanations about how they make their wine and of course; the tastings. I absolutely recommend this tour.

BENOIT V, Propriétaire at Avignon Prestige Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2018

It was a real pleasure to have you discovered Chateauneuf du Pape Wine in my company with a wonderfull sunny day.
I am happy you have enjoy and wish you a great time in France.
Enjoy the wine ...
Benoit VINCENT

Reviewed 18 April 2018

Benoit was absolutely fantastic. The whole experience vastly exceeded the expectations of my wife and I.

We started the day by exploring a small village where our first tasting was - Benoit explained why the village was constructed the way it was, demographics, etc. demonstrating his excellent knowledge of history of wine and French culture. We sampled honey and olive oil at the local market before moving on to a tasting. Benoit made sure to take us to key landmarks with beautiful panoramic views for great pictures. Our tastings were fantastic with Benoit choosing wines that represented the best/signature styles of the area (e.g., Muscat in Beaumes des Venise).

Every tasting we went to during the day had ample serving sizes and Benoit's knowledge of the wines was superb. He literally knows everything from which grapes are used, to the alcohol content, to which years are best, to which families have been producing for how many years, etc. At one experience in Gigondas, Benoit selected four wines that showed a difference between new wines to old wines, providing a great learning experience for beginners like ourselves. He taught us everything about tasting wine from smelling to tasting and which foods taste best with which wines to wine culture.

Our 3 course lunch with two wines was included in the price and was at the Chateauneuf de Pape restaurant. Everything was locally grown/produced and it was one of the best French meals we had during our 2 week stay. The table with the best view was reserved for us and was phenomenal.

The tasting at Chateauneuf de Pape was fantastic. We explored a cellar built in Roman times and Benoit again showed his excellent historical knowledge.

Benoit also surprised us at the end of the day with a chocolate tasting at a local producer - this in addition to the previous olive oil, truffle, honey tastings. Benoit also gave us referrals for restaurants in Avignon where he has established relationships.

We never felt pressured to buy anything, felt like we learned a lot, and thought we had excellent value for our money. Benoit is very professional (well dressed, excellent English, clean vehicle and safe driving). I would absolutely do this tour again with Benoit if we come again and would recommend it to anyone - from beginner to expert.

It was a real pleasure to have you discovered Provence and its Wine in my company.
I am happy you have enjoy.
I, wish you a great time in France.
Enjoy the wine ...