Jean Marc Villard's Cooking Class - Day Classes
Review Highlights
Unforgettable Experience

Cooking with Jean-Marc was one of the highlights of our honeymoon! Jean-Marc and his wife welcomed... read more

Reviewed 24 November 2018
smiths2019
Cooking Class in Provence

My wife and I planned this day with Jean-Marc's class during our honeymoon. We went to a lot of fun... read more

Reviewed 21 November 2018
jfherri
Wilmington, North Carolina

Recommended experiences in and around Avignon
from US$81,00
from US$133,07
from US$45,13
from US$127,28
More Info
All reviews his lovely wife co op french cuisine course meal local farmers wonderful hosts professional kitchen amuse bouche master chef fresh ingredients highly recommend this class madeleines their beautiful home highlight of our trip quality control wonderful meal patient teacher
Reviewed 13 September 2018 via mobile

I have always wanted to take a cooking class abroad and finally had the opportunity last Saturday! From the moment I met chef Jean-Marc and Alice they made me feel welcome. Chef was very encouraging and was just a great instructor with a fun sense of humour. The market tour was very informative and showed us the Provençal way of using what is in season and fresh and local. Every product we used was from a village or producer within a few kilometres of Jean-marc’s gorgeous property in the Luberon. The menu was lovely and the addition of tempura battered squash blossoms just for me-because they were at the market and I said I’d always wanted to try them-what a special treat. I truly feel privileged to have spent the day with a great group, an amazing instructor and his wonderful wife Alice. Everything we made was delectable, beautiful and paired with great local wines! I learned new techniques and tips and certainly ramped up my plating game! For me this was a dream come true.
Thank-you Jean-Marc and Alice, I hope to see you again some day. If you ever visit Vancouver, please come for dinner. I have the perfect menu planned

Date of experience: September 2018
Jean-Marc V, Owner at Jean Marc Villard's Cooking Class - Day Classes, responded to this reviewResponded 26 September 2018

Thank you very very much for your kind review !! Hope you will keep your day with us in your heart for a long time... much more than Italy or Sicily !!!!! Thank you also for your good mood... "chefs of the day" make also the ambiance of the day ! and as we never know, we may visit you for a dinner in Vancouver one day !... take care ! Alice and Jean-Marc

Reviewed 12 September 2018

My husband and our friends took a class with Jean-Marc in August. We had a great time from the shopping experience, to learning new techniques in the kitchen and cooked some wonderful food too. Jean-Marc and his wife Alice made us feel so welcome in their home. It is an experience we will cherish. A must do if you are looking for true french cooking class. Thank you Jean-Marc and Alice.

Date of experience: August 2018

Thank you so much for your kind words ! We have had a very nice time with your group and love to share our French Gastronomy.
Take care of yourselves ! All theb best, Alice and Jean-Marc

Reviewed 10 September 2018

We did the cooking class with Jean Marc Villard in July whilst honeymooning in France. We couldn't recommend it more highly! Jean Marc and his wife Alice were both delightful and hosted the class in their lovely, well equipped home. Prior to the class, Jean Marc took us on a very informative tour of the local market. The menu was delicious and each step of the preparation process was clearly explained/ demonstrated. We would not hesitate to do this class again.

Date of experience: July 2018

Thank you very much for your kind review. Happy that you enjoy your cooking class with us and hope you have cooked one more time the French recipes you learned to Family and Friends ! Take care and congratulations again for your wedding ! Best to you both.

Reviewed 2 September 2018

We had a marvellous day with Jean-Marc and Alice, and even ended up inviting them to visit us in England for lunch, which, on reflection, may have been a little ambitious! It was definitely a highlight of our stay in Provence and the very serious and dedicated teaching was balanced with a great sense of fun and enjoyment of food and the beautiful surroundings.

Date of experience: August 2018

Thank you very much for your nice review and sure if it happens we will visit England, we will let you know !! Best to all your family !

Reviewed 1 September 2018 via mobile

Myself and 2 friends enjoyed a wonderful day with Jean-Marc in August. From the beginning we felt very relaxed and comfortable. The visit to the local coop was an interesting insight into local farming practices and we purchased delicious produce to cook at home.
The cooking class was paced at a rate that any beginner could easily achieve. Jean-Marc shared numerous tips and tricks which I will be able to use to make my future menus more interesting. The meal itself was absolutely delicious and also very achievable in my own kitchen.
We thoroughly enjoyed the day with Alice and Jean-Marc and would recommend this to anyone who enjoys food.

Date of experience: August 2018

Thanks for you very kind review. We appreciate that you enjoy the day with us and that it brings you some ideas to think your way of cooking new dishes. All the best, Alice and Jean-Marc