All reviews stone walls beautiful design unforgettable stay one night gilles amaury comedor luxury property hosts
Reviewed 26 June 2018

That's it. Magic. For a price of course.
Not only is the place absolutely wonderful, out of this world, bizarre in the nicest possible way, but its owners, partners and staff are all of the same draw.
The top one.
Change nothing, this is the best place I've been this year.
Luxury without fussiness. Volupte without stinginess. Bravo.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 June 2018 via mobile

It is difficult to describe La Divine Comédie, such a beautiful and welcoming place. Words just don’t do justice to this beautifully restored property.

From the moment you step into its doors, you feel as if you are visiting long-time friends! The interior design (wow, wow, wow!), the friendliness of the owners, the attention to detail... it all makes it a place you never want to leave again.

Highly recommended, without any hesitation!

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 March 2018

It's like a small paradise behind the stone walls. Great place to stay in Avignon! It is not a regular hotel, we felt like we would have stayed at our friend's house. Beautiful design of the house and rooms made by the hosts themselves, very nice and friendly atmosphere.
And there is also Theodule, "the son", a lovely Weimaraner and a very important part of the family :)
We would definitely come back one day :)

Patricia

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank maneaiuliapatricia
Reviewed 15 March 2018

Entering this house was like venturing into a fairy tale You felt as if the outside world no longer existed outside the walls of the enormous and fabulous gardens. It is an oasis of calm and tranquillity. The hosts Amaury and Gilles are the most wonderful people and they are always available should you need anything. The house is beautifully decorated with quirky, contemporary and period pieces which all come together in a very pleasing way. We were due to spend our three days there sight seeing around Avignon but as soon as we saw this place we abandoned all our plans and decided to spend our time in this wonderful home. There is a small spa within the property and the massage I had was very relaxing. We have travelled and stayed in many lovely hotels but this by far is the most wonderful place we have stayed.
We were given fantastic recommendations on where to eat and none of these recommendations disappointed We were sad to have to leave this beautiful home but we will return. Don't hesitate, just go, you will not regret it.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Paulinho61
Reviewed 17 February 2018

I have traveled the world and stayed at some of the worlds finest properties. My wife and I decided to travel to Avignon as we are touring the Southern part of France. We booked one night at La Divine Comedie as it is centrally located in the heart of Avignon. We would have everything we needed to see within walking distance. I had expected a ordinary city hotel but I assure you nothing is ordinary about this hotel. We arrived to two beautiful antique doors that opened upon an extensive garden. Their is a pool and Spa area but unfortunately the weather was not optimal.The garden is meticulously kept with an incredible variety of plant life. The property also contained some of the largest trees I have every seen, reminding me of the Washington Redwoods. The hotel itself is breathtaking during our arrival in the morning and even more so in the evening when we returned after dinner. Each room was perfectly lighted with either candles or situated lighting to enhance every aspect of the architecture. We were offered a choice of rooms. It was explained to me that each room is uniquely different as the proprietor is an interior designer who put his art to use in each and every room. We chose the room with a large bathtub to soothe our bodies from the jet lagged of international travel. I'm somewhat of a snob when it comes to towels and bedding. The over abundance towels were a reminder of the quality towels I use in my daily life. I can see no expense was spared within this hotel. What makes this hotel truly unique is the attention to details to make our stay truly unforgettable. The two roses within the room, the fresh orange juice in the morning, the fresh baked croissants, the breads, the cappuccino and so much more. If you are thinking of visiting Avignon this is the must stay place. It's the definition of quality and luxury within a boutique hotel. My only regret is that we couldn't stay longer.

Room Tip: Each Room is unique as their are only 5 rooms the choices are limited
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple