Open today: 09:00 - 19:00
Review Highlights
Two great cycling days out

If you fancy a bit of exercise as well as seeing the countryside around Avignon, this is the place... read more

Reviewed 29 October 2018
SteveBU9478FF
Great Bookham, United Kingdom
Fantastic Experience, great service!

Our experience was fantastic from beginning to end! Matthieu was very informative, had great... read more

Reviewed 20 October 2018
Tony V
via mobile

Recommended experiences in and around Avignon
from US$80,60
from US$63,30
from US$74,80
from US$74,80
More Info
All reviews electric bikes historical tour e bike gps tour flat tire isle sur sunset tour interesting spots hour sunset hour bike tour home town french countryside delightful guide lovely city ancient city a lot of fun sunflower fields
Reviewed 30 May 2018 via mobile

We had the pleasure of stumbling upon Mathieu’s business during our short trip to Avignon. We took a day trip to Pont du Gard and also the cultural tour of Avignon. We cannot speak highly enough of the wonderful support and service Mathieu provided. The bikes were extremely well maintained and very comfortable. The trip notes/ map was clear and comprehensive. The highlight for us was the morning cultural tour. Mathieu is extremely knowledgeable about his home town and it’s fascinating history and was able to take us to very interesting spots in the city that we would not have otherwise gone to. He gave us this tour in the pouring rain and maintained good humour throughout. Despite ending up dripping wet we had a wonderful wonderful time and would highly recommend South Spirit!

Date of experience: May 2018
MATHIEU J, Gérant at South Spirit, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2018

Hello Maggie,
Thank you very much for your commentary.
That was a morning indeed with the rain! I was lucky to have customers like you two.
No rain, no gain!
I wish you a nice end of trip.

Reviewed 27 May 2018 via mobile

We had a sunset bike tour with Mathieu this evening and we had an amazing time! There is truly no better way to see Avignon then with somebody as knowledgeable and friendly as he. I was apprehensive of the small amount of traffic we had to pass through but he was so mindful that I was secure and comfortable the entire time. He’s also a wealth of information about the history of this lovely town. He truly brought all the history to life....even including a yummy local treat to enjoy! We rode our E bikes through cobblestone streets, fruit orchards, along the river and through country meadows....breathtaking scenery!
We highly recommend!!

Hello Tylene and Shawn,
Thank you very much for coming to South Spirit Bike.
I enjoyed a lot riding with you.
I wish you a great holiday and hope to have you again.

Reviewed 23 May 2018 via mobile

I rented an electric bike from South Spirit Bikes for a two week tour that finishing up last week. I can’t say enough about the fabulous responsiveness and customer support provided by Mathieu and Victor throughout. They were extremely flexible with my changing requirements and all my emails/phone calls were answered promptly and handled wonderfully. In short, they were awesome to work with and I would recommend them without hesitation!

Date of experience: May 2018
MATHIEU J, Gérant at South Spirit, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2018

Hello Diane & Fred,
Thank you so much for coming to South Spirit Bike.
I appreciate you nice commentary on our business and hopefully next time no rain on your ride in Provence!
I will remember this experience too.
Kind regards

Reviewed 19 May 2018 via mobile

My husband and I rented 2 bikes for a 2 week trip. The bikes were brand new and worked well for us. Although we were use to slimmer tires the larger or fatter tires worked very well when the roads were wet or if there was gravel. The staff was knowledgeable and very friendly and easy to work with. I communicated in English to Mathieu before our trip via e-mail and his command of English is very good. I would not hesitate to rent from this shop. They are very good! We were well taken care of.

Hello Paul & Denise,
Thank you for coming to South Spirit Bike. Happy to hear everything went fine, except the rain...
I hope to have the pleasure of accommodating you and your next big trip!

Reviewed 7 May 2018

When you take a vacation you hope for at least one of those epic days that you will always remember, and thanks to Mathieu, we had that day. We took his Sunset Guided Tour on one day and a full day GPS tour to Les Baux two days later, and must have said, “Wow!” a thousand times. It was so well planned and explained to us that we had a full day without travel fears and loads of jaw-dropping scenery. I said to my fiancé, “I should be tired, but I don’t want it to end.” We can’t wait to return for our next vacation and plan his multiple day tours. Thank you Mathieu, you were so kind to us. The Sunset Tour was a great way to know you, and I will always trust and return for any tour you create!

Date of experience: April 2018

Hello Betsy and Ron,
Thank you so much for coming to South Spirit Bike. It was a pleasure to meet you and propose you our activities.
If I do plan a bike trip on the west coast I will contact you!