“No stars in this night”
Review of Le Cafe La Nuit

Le Cafe La Nuit
Ranked #232 of 290 Restaurants in Arles
Cuisines: French
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We failed to look at the reviews, and paid the price. They only serve one kind of beer, Heineken, in microbottles at EUR4.90 a bottle. These were served with glasses that had just come out of the dishwasher and were piping hot. My daughter had a carbonara which was lukewarm and unremarkable. Oh, and they don’t take cards.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Unfortunately, this was the one night we didn’t look at previous reviews of the restaurant we were tempted to eat at. The service was ok but that is where the positives end. Food was over cooked and tasteless. I ordered risotto off the menu of the day. It had a ton of cheese and tasted more like mac and cheese. The Gambas that came with it were tasteless. Certainly not worth what it cost. My husband had chicken, which was dry and over cooked. Served with green beans that had been over boiled. When we complained to the waitress she said she would tell the chef. I expect he’s heard the same complaints over and over. Another annoyance is that their credit card machine was not working. I see from previous reviews that this is generally the case. Just adds to the annoyance of the evening. We had 3 great meals in Arles before this one. There are plenty of great places to chose from. Avoid Le cafe la Nuit.. I’m sure Van Gogh is rolling in his grave over what’s happening at one of his favourite hangouts.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Because of all the terrible reviews, we only stopped for a cup of coffee and a photo. I’m a fan of Van Gogh so wanted to have this photo for my collage.

1  Thank houstontravelingfool
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We didn’t realise this was “Van Gogh’s” restaurant when we sat down and probably wouldn’t have chosen to eat here had we known. The waiting staff were overrun, the Patron smoked just on the street next to us. An assiete Provençal turned out to be a salad (mostly lettuce, with two slices of aubergine and a couple of sliced peppers), a rip-off at €14 - and we had ordered one to share and they brought two. They mixed up our mains and two of the staff didn’t know what an Aperol Spritz was, but later another couple were served with them no problem. We’ve eaten out in France for years and this experience was a real disappointment. Despite having eventually agreed that we had only ordered a starter to share they still tried to charge us for two and yes, the card machine was broken... Again, don’t bother, there are much better restaurants to be found within a couple of minutes walk, don’t fall into the tourist trap!

Reviewed 12 June 2018

Tourist season was barely begun this May when I and my friend went to Vincent's Night Café to have something to eat. There were only some customers in the Café but we had to wait a long time to be served. We ordered air-dry ham and melon but the waiter told us we cannot have it because it is season food and the season wasn't now (May) . We found this very strange because we had ham and melon every morning in our hotel just opposite the Café!

Then we selected warm goat chees salad. what we got was a plate full of leathery lettuce on top of which was two small triangle bread and each bread had two small piece (size of 20 eurocent) of goat chees. Breads and chees were lukewarm. This salad cost us 17 euros and a glass of warm white wine was 9 euros.

So I cannot recommend this place for eating in any case,

1  Thank RitvaToivonen