All reviews great location old port car park secure parking a stones throw bars and restaurants few minutes walk central location quiet side street reception staff quiet area the breakfast area would highly recommend this hotel stayed for nights comfortable beds on site parking decent size
Reviewed 27 October 2018 via mobile

I have stayed hear many times for business. I really love it for how charming it is and especially the easy access to parking. The staff are lovely also. However, on this last trip, i stayed for four nights and none of my coffees were replaced which really bugged me!! Also, I am missing refrigeration for some drinks. Other than this, the location is excellent and the breakfast is great! I guess it is 3 stars!

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 27 September 2018

Nice clean hotel with very friendly staff who were very knowledgeable about the area & where the best restaurants were in the town. Very close to the seafront with it´s array of bars & restaurants. DEFO recommend to other travelers!!!

1  Thank TonyTheTongue
Reviewed 25 September 2018

Stayed here for one night on our way down to the South of France and chose this hotel due to it's location close to the harbour and entertainment. We were not disappointed as it was only a few minutes walk from all the main places to visit in the city. Our room was compact but had a good view over a typical french square, filled with restaurants and tables and chairs. The room and facilities met our expectations and the staff were very helpful. We didn't eat at the hotel but breakfast looked good. The parking was very handy but a bit pricey but overall I would definitely recommend staying here for a short break.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Robsyd1
Reviewed 21 September 2018 via mobile

Enjoyed an overnight stay here on our way from Roscoff to the Charente region. Had booked car parking, but had a difficult time finding the location as a lot of one way systems in La Rochelle. Eventually got there and was delighted to find a secure off street parking place. Staff really helpful and friendly, within a few minutes walk of the marina area. Only bed and breakfast, and a snack menu at the hotel, but lots of restaurants and bars in town. Small, but well appointed bedroom, clean and bright.Hadnt booked breakfast as usually much the same everywhere. Having passed through the breakfast area to the car, we changed
our mind as it looked so good. Fabulous food, lots of choices, great coffee. When I asked our young waiter about a cheese I loved, he went to the kitchen and wrote down the name of it for me. Impressive! Definitely worth a recommendation.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank 170valerier
Reviewed 15 September 2018

We stayed at Hotel Saint Nicolas for the first week in September.
A twenty-minute journey on the airport bus (1.30 euros) took us to within a stone's throw of the hotel across a peaceful little square where guests could sit outside for a drink or just take the air. Although the Saint Nicolas quarter is an old and distinct area with its own variety of restaurants and shops, it is within easy walking distance of the Vieux Port, the shopping centre and the delightful coastal path and cycle track to Les Minimes.
Our rooms were immaculate, spacious, quiet and remarkably light. The breakfast, served in the tranquil conservatory, was very varied and included much local produce. All the staff were unfailingly pleasant and courteous, and had an excellent command of English.

We would not hesitate to stay there again.

Date of stay: September 2018