“Lovely lunch - great service”
Review of Casa Nostra

Casa Nostra
Ranked #133 of 1 493 Restaurants in Nantes
Price range: US$17 - US$35
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Neighbourhood: Graslin - Commerce
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Spent the morning following the "green line" round Nantes, so welcomed this quiet spot away from heavy traffic. Plenty of choice for non-meat eaters, and the starters were plenty for us (especially as we wanted to leave room for desert!)

Reviewed 11 May 2018

I suddenly felt like I needed Italian food. Don’t ask me why. Sometimes the body gives you hints that you are lacking a vital vitamin or mineral. In this case it was pasta.

The Casa Nosta is hidden down a back street. In any other city it would be a back street but in Nantes it was quite a busy thoroughfare. Anyway, we discovered it only by accident.

My eye was drawn immediately to the penne with ham and creamy truffle sauce. Do I need to go on? They have fabulous Italian wine as well.

Recommended.

Reviewed 11 December 2017 via mobile

It was the first time when I decided to have a meal in a restaurant while visiting France. And that's when I learned the odd working hours. The restaurants are open during lunch and during dinner. But some of them are just bars in the evening and have no food. I was walking and walking trying finally to find a place which would be open, would have food and understandable menu. And this was a hidden gem! It is a pizza place and pizzas almost everywhere have the same names. But I was lucky here once more, because the staff was able to speak English (very rare in France). I ordered 4 seasons pizza or at least I thought it was 4 seasons. But I got something I didn't expect. But it was still very good. I always judge pizza restaurants by the crusts: if the ingredients are not close to the edge, the crust is thick and there are no sauce, I just have to leave the crusts. (I know it is considered impolite in some places, but I just can't eat it.) But at this restaurant I at everything.

Reviewed 14 February 2017

Just like the title says, it was lovely and just what we needed. The specials are worth a look in but they do the reliables very well too. The menu isn't too large but it is varied, so you can have some delicious new ideas alongside your favourites. We had fun and left full and happy

Reviewed 5 May 2016

I rarely review restaurants but this place served one of the best pizzas I have eaten outside Italy. They served an excellent wine and tiramisu also. The serving staff were young and very welcoming and friendly. I ate outdoors on the street (pedestrianised). They serve until about 11pm whereas most other restaurants have already stopped.

1  Thank pbru54