“Decu / Disappointing”

Ranked #240 of 1 507 Restaurants in Nantes
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Graslin - Commerce
Reviewed 4 March 2018

Nice looking deco, and very courteous service, but food that is so lightly spiced that you know it is catering to very conservative tastes. A bit of extra chilli on the side, did not make up for lack of coriander & cumin etc...Not unpleasant, but not what you hope for in this type of food. They did say it was just the set menu that they cater for "french" tastes, but they should tell you that before the meal, not after.

Reviewed 25 August 2017 via mobile

I went there with a friend a few nights ago. I thought the chicken was delicious, as well as the rice. It gets a 4 star only for me as I was a bit disappointed with the cheese bread, thought it was a bit expensive for not getting much cheese in the end. Otherwise, I highly recommend!

Reviewed 15 May 2017 via mobile

I love Indian food for their variety of dishes and the spices they use. the dishes we got were of a very mild taste. Too much to my liking. I would have preferred some stronger tastes from the spices. This was missing which made the dinner for me average.

1  Thank RonaldInBangkok
Reviewed 22 March 2017

We have not visited many Indian restaurants in France since we moved here a few years ago. Therefore we were excited by the reviews of this restaurant not far from our hotel where we were visiting in Nantes.
The starters were good and filling. However the naans were doughy and undercooked. My husband who is a vegetarian ordered saag paneer (Spinach and Cheese curry) dish and there were just the tiny specks of what looked like melted cheese. No firm cubes of paneer that we are used to having. This made the curry stodgy and not very nice. I had the chicken and it was bland. Not much flavour.
The restaurant is nicely decorated and the staff very friendly.
I think some authentic Indian dishes would help the menu.

Reviewed 20 November 2016

The atmospher was great.
However the food was served cold. Indian food is enjoyable when served hot.
We felt like we were rushed to eat: as soon as we barely finish a plate, they come and ask to collect it.

Conclusion: if you looked for place to enjoy a gatheting around indian food you might want to look elsewhere.