“perfect host and getaway”
other travellers have booked this property
luxury bedroom four post bed and roll top bath garden and lake views
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
luxury bedroom four post bed and roll top bath garden and lake views
one of the resident cars only 20 minutes from the famous track and Le Mans center
somewhere to relax and enjoy the tranquility
the lake from one of the luxury bedrooms
garden is full of wildlife and some unusual caricatures in the lake make occasional visits !!
cottage can sometimes be booked as a package with the gite
main house with separate wing for additional guests
heated pool for your use only,indoor games room with children's play area
the gite fully restored by local artisans to a very high standard
come and fish for specimen carp in our private lake or maybe take a swim
just for you
pool is heated from May to October and is for the use of our guests only
the main house with separate four poster bedroom
gardens to enjoy
10 sq M wet room suitable for handicapped wheelchair access
permanent residents !!
kitchen seats 12
plenty of room to entertain
a choice of beds
all Egyptian cotton and the towels too
some of the secluded garden leading to 27 acres of wonderful countryside
this can be a separate gite if required for two people or part of the 6 bedroom gite
second kitchen can be split into 2 person separate accomadation
another bedroom upstairs joining the lounge
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

French first
Any
amgfan
Essex, United Kingdom
“perfect host and getaway”
Reviewed 11 July 2017 for a stay in June 2017

I stayed here with a group of friends for the Le Mans 24 hour and I must say the house was out of this world, there is nothing I could fault it for, facilities, size of rooms, cleanliness, these are just some of the things that were top draw. This is a house I would be very proud to own. As for Steve ( the host), he was one of the nicest people I have met, and went beyond what he had to to keep us happy. Overall this is a five star place with 5 star treatment from Steve and would gladly recommend to friends and family, this place is perfect to spend time with your mates or your family, it has everything you need for all ages.

Your age range 25-34
Darren B
London, United Kingdom
“A superbly presented venue hosted by a wonderful man…”
Reviewed 26 June 2017 for a stay in June 2017
person found this review helpful

From the moment you drive down the gravel path and into the courtyard you know you’re in for a very special treat. The presentation of the accommodation, fixtures and fittings, bathrooms and bedrooms is simply first class.

The entertaining amenities in terms of the kitchen, its equipment and dining room setup which included more Bar-B-Qs than B&Q (Home Depot if you’re from the USA) is amazing.

The surrounding manicured grounds, which includes an amazing swimming pool (spotlessly clean at ALL times) is a highlight. Includes a superb fishing lake which when lit up at night is simply stunning. The general feel of the place, is that you’re at home as soon as you step out of your car.
You arrive and you chill, it’s all so simple without any fuss. Testament to the detail and thought that has gone on behind the scenes in providing this venue.

But don’t be fooled by this review, the Four Seasons will give this place a run for its money, never for the same value mind, but what it won’t compete with is its host, its service and or its attention to detail.

Steve the proprietor and our host couldn’t do enough for us, constantly asking if we needed or wanted anything. One of our guys quipped, “Yeh we have run out of Gin & Tonic and cigarettes”, 20 mins later they arrived, Steve had actually popped up the store for us as he wanted us to have a great night, wanting for nothing.

Put these three things together, a great venue, superb accommodation and a wonderful host… and what you have are the ingredients for a very, very special time.

Note: The enclosed review is taken from a group of 6 who rented the accommodation for the Le Mans 24H 2017. For all of us who have been traveling down to this part of France for the past several years, this was simply the best, it was a vintage year, it was the year we discovered what Steve & Claire have to offer. See you in 2018, 19, 20 and 21…says it all really!!!

Top Tip: Steve has a signature drink, which is derived from his motor racing heritage.
Ask him to make you one.

Steve’s GT G&T

One frosted pint glass
Fill 1/3 with ICE cubes
25% Gin
73% Fever Tree Tonic
2% Elderflower Syrup to be floated on the top and them stirred
Fruit to include fresh mint, limes and lemons

26 Jun 2017
Gentlemen good evening from Le Mans. This makes everything i do here worthwhile thank you so much for your kindness and indeed your hospitality, My aim in life has always been to share the fun things i enjoy and extend my friendship,my home and experiences and give pleasure and something a little different to our guests. I am a custodian of a unique home that no doubt can tell many stories since its birth in the 1700s as a farm,a family home and more recently a holiday home for travelers around the globe. Les Haise has become my heart,my guests have become close friends ,i am so fortunate to be able to share this with you thank you.....your family !!
se29cn
Chelmsford, United Kingdom
“Perfect accommodation. perfect host, perfect stay”
Reviewed 23 June 2017 for a stay in June 2017
person found this review helpful

My first time writing a review on tripadvisor but having stayed at les haies during this years Le Mans 24 hour race I felt compelled to do so. This wasn't just a realisation of French countryside idol, it ended up being a real home from home. The accommodation is out of the top draw with everything you would want and more. It was spotless with top quality linen (including towels) and all the crockery and glassware you could ever need. As this years race was over the hottest weekend so far this year the swimming pool was a blessed addition and got much use as did the shade offered by the extensive grounds. As for the host, Steve is the embodiment of what a good host should be, helpful, friendly and an extremely nice guy who went the extra mile always. I said les haies was a home from home but Steve made it much more which meant when we left we all felt we were leaving a friends place after being guests for a few days. On the journey back the whole group decided to return both as a group and singularly with our families such was the welcome and nature of this place. Thanks Steve.

Your age range 50-64
25 Jun 2017
Dear Steve thank you so much for leaving your review and your kind words are appreciated. It is the guest that makes the house come alive we simply wish to make your stay as homely as we can adding those little touches that make a difference. We are very fortunate to meet such great people and personalities,please pass on my thanks to all the guys for making Le Mans 24 hours such a special event this year,my very kind regards Steve
jcduchass
Rueil-Malmaison, France
“Excellent stay”
Reviewed 21 April 2017 for a stay in April 2017

What a pleasure to spend a weekend with my cousins and friends in stephen's house. Nice place, very comfortable. Thanks a lot Stephen for your hospitality. We will come back, for sure.
If you're looking for a house for a weekend near Le Mans (15 minutes), don't hesitate. This house is made for guests who appreciate the countryside and human relationships.

24 Apr 2017
Dear J-C Thank you so much for your kind words,we enjoyed your company and your friends and family ,what a superb group of young people,it is good to see that you enjoyed your days with us and we look forward to your return,you will always be welcome,thank you Steve
Sensenoy
“As good as it gets!”
Reviewed 7 January 2017 for a stay in May 2016

I stayed for around a week and can honestly say I had a fantastic time. The accommodation is set in a beautiful location, the facilities were superb with excellent attention to detail. It was the attention to those little things that really set it apart from the other places I have stayed.
Steve is a fantastic guy, he really looked after us and played the perfect host. Having a common interest in cars he even took me to the museum at Le Mans and took me in for a look around the track (not easy as it was about a week before the big event).
All of this turned a good holiday into a great holiday. I'm looking forward to going back and I can't recommend an opportunity to stay at this accommodation enough. You won't regret it!

8 Jan 2017
Dear Elaine it was a very pleasant surprise today to hear from you,i hope you are all well. Thank you so much for your review,it is refreshing to know how much guests enjoy the time here in Le Mans and take the time to review our home. Our cottage has gone from strength to strength this year and we have remained full for most of the year and have enjoyed some wonderful visitors from all around the world,we strive to ensure that we always exceed expectations and nothing is too much trouble for us to make sure our guests are comfortable in a clean welcoming environment which will bring fond memories for both us and our visitors,please do come back and see us soon and i will be delighted to take you back to the famous track !! my very warm regards Steve
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing