“Lovely food, mediocre service”
Review of Fouquet's La Baule

Fouquet's La Baule
Reserve with
Fouquet's La Baule is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

The restaurant was busy when we arrived but the wait to receive any service after being seated was far too long for a restaurant of this quality. We eventually managed to order 2 Kir Royales, but then had to wait again for our order to be taken and even longer for our wine and water to arrive.

The food when it arrived was delicious mind you - particularly the mains (the chefs suggestion of scallops for me and lobster linguine for my husband - which he said was the best dish we had in 4 days in La Boule). We had to pour our own wine - not a problem for us, but not really consistent with the quality and prices of the venue.

I’ve given 4 stars for the quality of the food, but wouldn’t rush back unless the service improves....there a lot of lovely restaurants in La Boule which combine both great food and great service which I would revisit first

Pierre-Yves M, Assistant Food & Beverage at Fouquet's La Baule, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2018

Dear Tammy F

We would like to thank you for sharing your experience related to your recent dinner with us.

We are indeed concerned if we have come short of meeting your expectations and rest assured that each comment is reviewed with members of the concerned teams and adjusted where ever possible.

We hope that you will give us the opportunity of welcoming you back to demonstrate our ability to deliver service and facilities to your expectations and to amend your latest views.

We look forward to such in the not too distant future.

Kind Regards

Jean-Sébastien AZAIS

Reviewed 6 September 2017 via mobile

This is serious fine dining French style. The menu is geared around meat and fish. There is a separate healthy options menu which is also exceptional. Everything on the menu is delicious and without any compromise in terms of quality. Lovely wines too

1  Thank David M
Julien G, Directeur at Fouquet's La Baule, responded to this reviewResponded 20 September 2017

Dear David M

Thank you very much for your kind comment,

Be assured that it will be shared with all our teams,

See you very soon at Fouquet's La Baule,

Julien Gomez

Reviewed 11 May 2017

It is a nice place but the service is not in line with the place, food is good and frech if and when they get it right in the end. Go to Le Ponton also a restaurant of the royal but much beter service and view.

1  Thank pialeon
Reviewed 23 April 2017

We were staying in the hotel and decided to have a nice diner in the hotel for a special celebration. What a disaster it was! Worst meal in La Baule.
Service was not too bad even if we had to serve our wine ourselves, but the food was not good at all.
My oysters were the worst I ever had, full of shells and dry.
1 Filet of beef was overcook.
Concerning the mains, 3 of us had to send back to the kitchen as it was totally cold. Came back still not very warm.
It is not cheap and I don't mind paying but this was terrible and what's was even worst, non of the 2 Head waiters came to apologise! I
Still was waiting when we went to pay for one of them to say we are very sorry, but nothing...
I do thing the management of the hotel should have a word with them to sort out this attitude. It is plenty of good retaurant in La Baule.
For me unfortunately I won't go back to the hotel either or advertise them, if you have a restaurant with that name you have to be more respectful of the customer.

2  Thank JerseyLB
Reviewed 3 September 2016 via mobile

My wife and I decided to done at Fouquet's as the reputation went before it. The experience was very good but not quite "historic"

My meal was indeed very good and attractively presented, however my wife's sea bass was served with a very salty anchovie and olive sauce, which totally overpowered the serving. I tried it and it was mouth shrinking salty.

Having said that, the service was impeccable, wines were (as normal n France, expensive) but the quality of our white Burgendy, excellent.

All in all good quality (for me) without reaching the heights.