All reviews superb location friendly hotel beach front la baule benoit fridge balcony weather
Reviewed 10 August 2017

A refreshing, unique hotel with an attentive owner who was genuinely interested in his guests, without being intrusive.Located in the hub of La Baule with a view to die for (room 302), my experience of this hotel was only positive. We were part of a large group. The charming hotel owner could not have done enough to accommodate our diverse requests.

Room Tip: Go for rooms 202 or 302 offering direct views of the sea
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 June 2017

Shared a room with a friend, room 215, during our football tournament. Loved the squeaky clean and modern bathroom. Me had a room facing to the side / back. No balcony but two windows. It was big enough for two. Beds really comfortable, rest of room practical with a tv, and fridge. A safe also. Cupboard space was plenty with plenty of coat-hangers. Everything clean and housekeeping also did a great job. It was amazingly quiet so sleep quality was fantastic. Hotel was just about on the beach. Benoit who ran the place I assume with his family was amazing. Nothing was too much for him. He almost knew all our teams room key numbers off by heart. Always good for a joke and laughter. He even organised two birthday cakes at very short notice (about 3hours) when I called him to do so. Amazing!! Also, borrowing the bikes from the hotel was great. Breakfast was yummy and the selection was enough to keep everyone happy. Restaurant very clean. The only thing I missed was a hot water Kettle in the room. If I return, I will most certainly stay at the CONCORDE again. A big THANK YOU AND THUMBS UP to Benoit and his Crew/family. Keep up the good work and stay the way you are.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 June 2017

Just off the beach front, this friendly hotel might not have all the frills but what it does it does very well. Multi-lingual front desk was more than happy to help with local info and advice and the weather meant that we were out and about most of the time. The beach is no more than 2 minutes away and there are plenty of bars and restaurants a short walk away.

Breakfast is a generous buffet and should keep everybody happy. The hotel was full for the last 2 days that we were there, so you can't argue with that.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 May 2017

One glorious week in this delightful historic hotel. Perfect calm location in the centre of the bay. Set back from the beach with the sound and views of the tides on the soft sands. Cannot wait to come back and be informed and entertained by the welcoming host and his family, full of humour and charm.

Stayed: May 2017
Reviewed 30 June 2015 via mobile

From the moment I walked in to the moment I left I loved this hotel. Run by a very professional French family you are made to feel special everyday. I loved the history of the hotel and the way they have blended the old with the new. My rooms (yes I stayed in two different rooms during my stay) were fabulous rooms. I had a lovely view straight out the window across the road to the Mediterranean. Hard to beat for around 100 Euros per night depending on your room choice. Why I enjoyed this place was the personal care the owners provide in everything they do. From the beautiful fresh bakery ever morning on my table right down to the explanation of how long I should boil my eggs this is service you will not find in the big factory hotels. My room was cleaned every day and it was spotless. I really enjoyed chatting with Benoit who is a great guy with a tremendous sense of humour. He was always there to answer our questions with a wry smile and funny comment. We hired bikes to get around which was great when we went out for dinner. The waterfront is across the road and a beautiful esplanade that goes for miles if your keen on riding,walking or running. This hotel offers great value and personal service and if I return to La Baule I will ask again for rooms 102/103.

Stayed: June 2015, travelled solo