All reviewsplay tennisbeautiful hotella baulebeach restauranttherapypoolsbarrierespaalternativesfacilitiesvillapromenade
Reviewed 28 June 2016

I first stayed here in the 1980s as an exhibitor at a Brittany Ferries Tourism Expo and loved it, I longed to return with the family,My room was huge and gorgeous .
Now living in Australia almost 40 years later I returned to the area with my husband to go down memory lane.
Couldnt afford to stay at this gorgeous hotel but we did have a lovely lunch, and it still just as lovely other than the big apartment blocks at the side

Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 February 2016

A very good one week stay including the thalasso care. Compared to our last stay a few years ago we were very pleased with the new rooms and the cosy and luminous atmosphere of the rooms.
Excellent service with a very dedicated and motivated staff.
A special mention for the Fouquet's restaurant where we had all our meals, never being bored with the menu and with an excellent variety of diet courses.
I was nevertheless disappointed with the way the hotel handled the heating problem in the bathroom of junior suite 515. It was cold outside while I stayed at the Royal and the room had probably be unoccupied the week before. The toilets and the bathroom could not get warm with the integrated floor heating system for the whole week (while it was ok in other rooms I booked for my daughter and daughter in law). The maintenance could not fix that and they eventually decided to add a big electric heating appliance which was very inconvenient in the rather small bathroom.
I believe that the hotel management should have at least apologised for this but they never did...That's how they did not make the difference and that's why they do not get the 5.

Room Tip: In winter avoid junior suite 515 since the bathroom and the toilets might be cold
  • Stayed: January 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 November 2015

I had booked a Superior Sea View Room but on checking in we were given an upgrade to a De luxe Room which was a nice touch but my face fell when I saw the room, which was tiny (finding somewhere to put the second suitcase needed consideration not to get in the way). We had one meal in the restaurant which we found very average and the breakfast lacked a choice of hot food - I would have expected to be able to order from the kitchen at this level. The pool is large and heated to a luxurious temperature. All the staff were professional and attentive at all times. When you add the cost of breakfast (32 euros) and parking (25 euros) to the room rate it is expensive for what you get compared to the many other five star hotels we have stayed at, including other Barrieres.

• Stayed: November 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Bruce H
Emmanuel B, Directeur général at Hotel Barriere Le Royal La Baule, responded to this reviewResponded 25 November 2015

Dear Bruce H,
First of all, I would like to thank so much for your comments posted on this website and obviously for choosing the Royal La Baule hotel for your last stay in La Baule in november, 2015.
I have read very carefully your comments, and I'm very sorry you didn't enjoy your stay. Please accept my sincere apologizes for this inconvenience.
I've noted your points concerning your general perception of your room and the food in our restaurant “Fouquet’s” and for the breakfast. Your remarks were transmitted to the persons concerned to make sensitive them on the improvement of our services.
I’m very pleased for your compliment about my staff and I will carry it with them.
Nevertheless, I hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you in a near futur in La Baule.
See you very soon at the Hotel Barrière Le Royal La Baule,
Yours faithfully.

Emmanuel Béquet

Reviewed 23 September 2015

We could only stay for one night however it was well worth the drive, la baule is one of my favourite places and this hotel is from start to finish a wonderful experience, from the staff to the beautiful hotel itself it is well worth a visit, we ate in the restaurent which was superb, my husband who is very demanding was so impressed with the skill his Dover sole was deboned and the whole experience stunning, I eat out a lot and too be honest this was a top experience, the beach restaurant for lunch was also excellent,

Room Tip: Beautiful views
  • Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Julie L
Emmanuel B, Directeur général at Hotel Barriere Le Royal La Baule, responded to this reviewResponded 25 September 2015

Dear Mrs JULIE L,

I am very pleased to read your highly positive comments on this website, regarding your stay at Hotel Le Royal La Baule. I am delighted that you enjoyed the quality of our services and staff professionalism and our hotel. I’m also very glad your perception on the quality of the food at the hotel's restaurant “Fouquet’s” and beach restaurant “Le Ponton”.
Obviously, I will share your compliments with all my staff
I hope to have the pleasure seeing you again very soon at the Royal La Baule,
Yours sincerely

Emmanuel BEQUET

Reviewed 9 September 2015

Good hotels in La Baule are limited, among them Royal Thalasso comes out "special"..From check in to check out, room service to breakfast... All is performed with class, dignity and professionalism...
One think that comes out as question mark is that the hotel is old, the spirit is old and as I reckon as it expensive and serves as treatment spa, clients are rather old as well...
Thalasso therapy was a real experince...

Room Tip: Chill out at the terrace with tranquility..
  • Stayed: May 2015, travelled with friends
Emmanuel B, Directeur général at Hotel Barriere Le Royal La Baule, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2015

Dear Mr MURAT RUDY,

I am very pleased to read your highly positive comments on this website, regarding your stay at Hotel Le Royal La Baule. I am delighted that you enjoyed the quality of our services and staff professionalism.
Obviously, I will share your compliments with all my staff