Lowest prices for your stay
US$89
View deal
Free cancellation until 21/10/09
Reserve now, pay at stay
Hotels.com
Travelocity
Orbitz.com
PricelineUS$104
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 19 July 2017 via mobile

This hotel deserves more than two stars. Newly refurbished rooms, clean, friendly staff and good breakfast. We had a family room for 4 persons. Very nice. Free internet. Very close to the Caen castle and a nice restaurant street. Good prices.

Date of stay: July 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank 70mattiasw
QuinetteM, Responsable réception at Hotel Du Chateau, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2017

Thank you very much for staying at our hotel, was delighted to welcome you. We appreciate your feedback!

Reviewed 22 June 2017

Located just down the hill from the Chateau here in Caen and less one half a block away from the tram stop “St.-Pierre,” where the A and the B take one to and from the gare, or main train station, the two star rating is perhaps deceptive. True, the rooms are small, but each (on the fourth floor where I was staying) had its own bathroom (without an array of amenities, of course), rather than a shared facility down the hall. There was a flat screen TV (limited channel selection), land-line telephone, and free, reliable internet service. My room was smoke-free and faced the back so it had less ambient noise. There is no mini-bar and no room service and breakfast is extra, but is it within walking distance of any number of restaurants in almost every conceivable price range. During the time of my stay, this establishment was fully booked which I take to be a sign of just how popular and nice this place really is.

Date of stay: June 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 27 September 2016

The room was very basic. No frills, nothing particularly special, although comfortable enough. The en-suite was a bit strange in that you opened what at first appear to be doors to a built-in wardrobe, but it's the toilet, shower and sink. So not a lot of room to manoeuvre. There was only me in the room, so not so much of a problem, but might be if you are sharing a twin and want some privacy.

Breakfast can be added for about 8Euro, but we didn't as it's only a short walk to cafes and restaurants to get something anyway.

Wi-fi is free, but I couldn't connect to it in my room on the 5th floor as it wouldn't get an IP address, at least until it connected when I was down in the reception area, and then it happily re-connected in my room. A bit strange.

Excellent location only a short walk to the tremendous château, and round the corner another short walk to the marina area where a large market sets up on Sundays.

There's a tram line right outside so easy access to the station if needed. My room was on the back, so I wasn't disturbed overnight.

Reception is not 24 hours, so you have to make sure you have the code for the outside door with you. I also took my key out with me as the key board is left unattended at reception.

Room tip: My room at the back was quiet.
Date of stay: September 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 August 2016

Our family of four stayed for one night during a journey through Normandy. The hotel is not posh, but it's comfortable and our room was clean, comfortable and reasonably spacious. The hosts were very friendly and helpful. The price was fantastic and location can't be beat - literally steps from the fortress in the heart of the town. If you're looking for a spa hotel this isn't it; if you want a great jumping off point to explore Caen I'd definitely recommend this hotel.

Date of stay: October 2015
Reviewed 30 July 2016

The receptionist was very nice and helpful. Unprompted, she supplied us with tourist maps which we gratefully used.

The rooms were clean and functional with tv, wifi, writing bureau and en suite bathroom. I slept very comfortably. I woke up and opened my window to a French cliche of a busy street just getting going in the early morning and the chimes of the magnificent St Pierre church just across the road.

Date of stay: July 2016