Hotels.com
Travelocity
Orbitz.com
eDreams
All reviews close to train station very helpful and friendly staff overnight stay recommend this hotel clean rooms walking distance yogurt juno castle
Selected filters
Reviewed 2 August 2020

Great hotel. Good quality for the low price. Staff was very friendly. Only the breakfast was bad (due to coronavirus). There was a small secured parking lot. Hotel was close to the centre. I would recommend.

Date of stay: July 2020
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Matthieu GARDERES, Directeur général at Campanile Caen Centre Gare, responded to this reviewResponded 25 September 2020

Good afternoon,
Thank you very much for taking time to leave a comment about your stay in our establishment.
We are glad that your visit gave you satisfaction.
We take notice about your remarks on the breakfast service.
It will be a real pleasure for us to welcome you again.

Reviewed 28 July 2020

I needed a room just for myself for an overnight stay following a long journey from SW France and before catching an early morning ferry back to the UK and this hotel was perfect. A very reasonable price for the room and for secure car parking - very useful as I had stocked up on wine!! A very warm and friendly welcome on arrival and departure. A comfortable room with a good shower. Highly recommended.

Date of stay: July 2020
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

We are glad that your visit gave you satisfaction.
It will be a real pleasure for us to welcome you again.

Reviewed 4 December 2019

Very clean rooms, well-designed, reliable hot water for showers, very helpful and friendly staff, good breakfasts offering a variety of choices which should satisfy most tastes. Excellent coffee and tea selections. Wonderful hot chocolate which was surprisingly rich in flavour considering the hot chocolate came from a machine. Very good quality. The breakfast buffet offered delicious petit pain au chocolat pastries, a fresh-baked croissants, muffins, loaves of bread, yogurts, and fresh fruit among other choices.

Room tip: I loved this hotel, and would definitely recommend it to my friends. Great choice, good value for money.
Date of stay: November 2019
1  Thank Arleneeric
Olivier L, Gérant at Campanile Caen Centre Gare, responded to this reviewResponded 5 December 2019

Good afternoon,
It is very nice for all the team to read this kind of feedback.

Reviewed 24 August 2019 via mobile

I needed somewhere to spend the night before the ferry. This came up as reasonable and it’s a steal. Room isn’t big but I am by myself it’s ultra clean and the showers great. WiFi is best I have had in France. Realising I was on a motorbike they immediately opened the garage to keep it safe. Full marks. They even start breakfast at 4 am. That’s a little to early for me.

Date of stay: August 2019
Trip type: Travelled solo
Olivier L, Gérant at Campanile Caen Centre Gare, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2019

We are glad that your visit gave you satisfaction.
In fact our breakfast started from 4am to 11am in order to satisfy the maximum of customers.

Reviewed 18 August 2019

My overnight stay in Caen in Normandy was one that was comfortable The Hotel de France is a good place to stay at a reasonable price and is within walking distance to all the local attractions making it easy to get around by foot or bus.
The hotel staff was very friendly and with my knowledge of the French language, it was easy and fun to carry a conversation with the ladies at the reception desk. The room was clean and comfortable with a shower and free wi-fi.

Room tip: It's not a bad idea to choose a room away from the street where there are traffic and the noise of people walking about.
Date of stay: September 2018
Olivier L, Gérant at Campanile Caen Centre Gare, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2019

Good afternoon Mister,
We are glad that your visit gave you satisfaction.
In fact, we are very close to the city center and even more to the train station.