Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
TripadvisorUS$119
Hotels.com
Expedia.comUS$119
PricelineUS$119
CheapTicketsUS$119
ZenHotels.comUS$126
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 2 September 2019

The hotel is really well located in the town centre. A mere 10-minute stroll to Caen Castle and Abbaye d’Homme in the opposite direction. Caen harbour and the Orne Canal are about 15 minutes’ walk away

The welcome was really good, friendly and efficient. We stayed 8 nights and thoroughly enjoyed the visit despite a few hiccups, not related directly to the hotel.

Our room 236 was really good. Larger than some Ibis Styles we have stayed at. Nice view from the window to a courtyard below. A side window that opened, which was great as it was very warm when we where there. The room had some sort of air con as it was always cool when we went in but then warmed up, so not sure on actual Air con type.

BBC World news to keep up to date on the TV

The bathroom was a good size but the location of the toilet behind the door always is a problem. We are small people in height, so goodness knows how normal adults get on

The shower was good too with complimentary shower gel. Hairdryer too and good quality towels . Complimentary water bottle on arrival and one mid week, small version but nice touch

We were really impressed with housekeeping, staying 8 nights the bed was changed several times as where the towels. Nice touch. Despite us accidently bringing sand in from the beach, it was always spotless again.

Breakfast was exceptionally busy on Sunday and difficult to get a table but the rest of the week no problem at all. Good selection of cold meats and cheese, various bread and pastries. Also, cereal and fresh fruit. Hot drinks plentiful too and fresh orange, apple or milk. Very friendly attentive staff too.
High chairs for baby

The hotel is half an hour drive to the Riva Bella beaches in Ouistreham and the D Day museums and coastline easily accessible. Also, easily accessible to all the historical attractions within Caen and the fabulous cycle routes.

A cautionary tale re cycles and car parking.
We had taken our two cycles, as the area is ideal for easy flat cycling on fabulous cycle paths. We used the cycle racks directly outside the hotel reception, padlocking both securely, basic bikes nothing flash. Unfortunately, both where stolen two days before the end of the holiday whilst parked there overnight. The hotel has no external CCTV near the doors.

We used the ample street parking all week, metered until 7pm and from 8 am around the hotel. Sadly, on the Saturday our car and several others were impounded and towed away, as an unadvertised parking restriction came into force at 8 am Saturday. The hotel receptionist was superb in assisting us. Sadly, we didn’t get her name, but she will remember us! Having assumed the car was towed simply due to the fact absolutely no other cars where there, and another family mentioned there’s was gone too, the receptionist spent a long time calling the pound and the police to support us. Also arranging a taxi and explaining everything to help us despite my French knowledge this greatly helped and saved so much time at the pound and return to the police station , being the same one we reported the bikes stolen !

There is a 24 hour car park 5 mins walk from the hotel, but having a long estate car we found it almost impossible to exit on the one time we used it , it is good value for over night parking as 7pm to 8 am only 1.50 Euro.

Lovely hotel and certainly the two incidents unrelated to the hotel did not spoil our stay.

Reviewed 2 September 2019 via mobile

At first glance we thought this hotel was a little over priced for what was on offer, however our family suite was actually two rooms with an interconnecting door, so it turned out to be a great price.

There are few amenities at the hotel, but the staff are enormously helpful. My son and I are coeliacs and were worried we wouldn’t have much to eat, but having had gluten free cakes and rolls thrust upon us - and made especially for us - we were delighted.

The location is perfect, a 20 minute walk or 5 min taxi journey from the train station.

All in all a great, clean hotel in the centre of a beautiful town with staff who were wonderful. Merci pour ce merveilleux séjour!

Date of stay: September 2019
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 25 August 2019

I saw a review for this saying that they couldn’t sleep with the window open because of all the noise. On my first night I slept like a log, wondered what all the fuss was about and resolved to write a review saying it must have been a one-off for the poor reviewer. I was about to give it 4*s (the breakfast room is a tad too crowded, making eating there decidedly unenjoyable. I like my food and I like eating it in piece, so it went down to four stars).

How wrong I was. The second night, which was a Friday night, the door slamming, giggling, shrieking and general nuisance started. I have no idea where it was coming from. My room overlooked what looked like some apartments. It might have been coming from there. It might have been coming from the street. It could just have been staff from the shops the hotel is part of. Either way, it was totally unnecessary. It started off with two girls and one guy, then a second guy appeared. Then a few others seemed to mingle For a while. Music was played. On and on and on it Went. I couldn’t get to sleep for more than a few minutes before they started up again.

I was hopeful it was a party. No such luck. The Saturday night was even worse. The noise also seemed to start earlier.

You may be lucky. The guy may finally notice the girl (the worst offender) and she may quieten down after she gets her man. Or you may get a room overlooking a different part of the city meaning that the noise isn’t a problem. But in the meantime, beware.

I couldn’t tell you what time it stopped, and I don’t think earplugs would drown it out altogether. The staff were very friendly, and it was very central and clean and nothing seemed to be broken, so with a slightly heavy heart i’ve added this hotel to the « avoid if you want a good night’s sleep » list and only given it 2 stars.

Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 19 August 2019

Reserved a room at August via the hotel web site.
Received an e-mail confirming my reservation with an air conditioned room.
I arrived to my room and looked for the air condition but couldn't find one.
Then I was informed by the hotel staff that non of the hotel rooms have air condition....
My complaint to IBIS management hasn't been answered.

Date of stay: August 2019
Stéphane H, Manager at Ibis Styles Caen Centre Paul Doumer, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2019

Dear Omer Ben Pazi.
We thank you to advise other clients that there is no air conditioning. The hotel built in 1988 has never had air conditioning.
You e-mailed your complain directly to the hotel and we explained you that there have been a problem of traduction in the description of the double room in foreign languages. We asked immediately ACCOR to modify that to avoid other confusions. Air conditionindg is mentioned nowhere else.
Moreover we gave you a compensation.
We hope that you will let us a second chance with a better weather later.
Once again thank you to help us improve our service.
Sncerely

Reviewed 11 August 2019

This hotel is an older style Ibis hotel, with small rooms (even by Ibis standard) and is not up to par compared to the newer Ibis Style properties. It seems that some of the so-called Ibis Styles properties think that more colorfully-painted walls are all it takes to deserve the Ibis Style branding - if that does in fact adhere to corporate standard and guidelines, it is a sad statement and reflection of the Ibis brand.

In any case, my biggest complaint for this property is that the rooms are not air-conditioned. I had booked this property because the hotel description clearly stated that their rooms are air-conditioned. When I showed the printout to the receptionist, she admitted that the description is an error, as this hotel has no air-conditioned room.

I was offered a small fan for the room, which was not effective in cooling down the room, especially since the small window, when opened, offered little or no air circulation into the room at any time. As a result, I did not sleep well for both nights of my stay. There was no other attempt at service recovery. I certainly would not have booked this hotel had I known that, contrary to their website description, this hotel has no air-conditioned rooms.

Room tip: none are good, no air conditioning in any room

Hi.

It seems that you didn't like the decoration of our hotel that sound old for you. However the hotel was completely refurbished in 2016 and our clients really like it.

Moreover the hotel has never had air-conditioned since its building in 1988 and it is written nowhere in the site.
It is real there were only an error in the description of the double room in foreign languages in the confirmation of the reservation you received and we thank you for having mentioned that and help us to amend it.

We are sorry you were disappointed and hope you will find the hotel that correspond your expectations.

Regards