Lowest prices for your stay
US$151
Free cancellation until 21/09/29
Hotels.comUS$151
PricelineUS$151
travelup.comUS$166
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 10 May 2019

We were invited to a wedding in Caen and I was very happy when I found a 5* hotel - we booked it for two nights. My husband went straight to the hotel from the train station whilst I went to meet a friend. He called me after a little while and asked if we had booked the correct hotel as this couldn't possibly be a 5* hotel? Both my husband and I were a little disappointed with the room but decided that we could/would deal with it for two nights as we were going to be at the wedding and out at dinner.

1. The room was spacious, however it was very dark and had a sort of musty smell. The bed was very hard and not so comfortable.
2. The toilet was not cleaned properly, and you could see stains from the toilet on the dark wallpaper. The larger bathroom was facing the street and the curtains (if you can call them that) was completely see-through. Remember to wear a bathrobe at all times!
The shower was not clean either - the bottom of the shower door was covered in red/brown-ish dirt from not being cleaned properly for a long time.
The shower caddy was broken and I did not want to put my things on the floor: I politely asked the receptionist if someone could have a look at it as we went out to dinner. It was barely connected to the shower, hanging to one side. He said yes, he would fix it - but when we got back no-one had bothered to look at it. One would think that a 5* hotel would spend €10 on a shower shelf so that the guests does not have to leave soap and shampoo on the floor?
3. Breakfast is not included and is an additional cost of €18 per person. The food was good, but there is not a lot to choose from (a buffet of baguette, cheese and ham, boiled eggs and some cereal in addition to coffee and juice). We heard good things about the dinner but unfortunately we did not get a chance to try it.
4. The location is a bit awkward if you're not driving. You have to take a taxi or an Uber if you want to go into the city (if you're not prepared to walk for 50 minutes).

We got back from the wedding late and when we got to the door it was completely dark inside. We tried our key (I thought it was a universal key), but it was not possible to open the door. I knocked on the door - no reply. We called the number on the door multiple times - no reply. My husband walked around the hotel to see if there was another way in, but alas, we were stuck outside in the cold without jackets. We stood there for approx 20-30 minutes, knocking desperately on the front door trying to get someones attention, when the receptionist came from a different part of the hotel. I understand that he cannot be glued to the desk all night, but he had the phone we called in his pocket (probably on silent). Perhaps there should be a warning for people getting in late that their key won't open the door? We felt like we were naughty teenagers that missed our curfew.
We got no apology from the receptionist for not answering the calls.

I'm sure this was a lovely hotel at one point but it just feels dark and dated. We heard great things about the food and the restauant - too bad they don´t have the same passion for the hotel and its guests.

Date of stay: May 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 April 2019

we stayed one night driving from Paris to visit mont-saint-michel. The hotel is small outside of city center but it is clean and well designed. the room is clean, having everything needed. the back yard parking lot is very convenient. The breakfast is very good with quality and lots selections. the cheese, the dairy, meat, fruit, the drink and coffee. We also had the taste menu dinner there, well presented and delicious. I have to say the wine list is very good and it is the only night in our 8 days trip ordered 2 bottles.
the wifi instruction isn't good and we had to ask the front desk to setup for us.

I strongly recommend this hotel+restaurant. I will stay there again if I come back Caen.

Date of stay: April 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank jasonl999
Reviewed 20 April 2019 via mobile

We stayed here while travelling to Spain with our two dogs as we were visiting friends in the area. The hotel is situated a little away from the city centre but near a lot of conference centres. The on site parking was handy and free of charge. The lady on reception was so friendly and helpful. The room was very large and had a fabulous bath. We didn’t eat at the hotel but the restaurant was very full on the evening so we assume the food was really good!

Date of stay: April 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 October 2018 via mobile

I stayed several nights at the hotel.The rooms were nice and clean. The decor was modern and it seems like alot of attention was paid to every little detail(design of storage space, light fixtures, furniture layout, bathroom decor).
The meal at the restaurant was excellent!

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 30 September 2018 via mobile

The suite is very big and comfortable. Breakfast is very good!!!! The Croissant wowww!! The bed is very comfortable also. The shower is opened so pay attention... we couldn’t close the door of the toilet which was Annoying (maybe only at that room and they can fix it). There is a wonderful Michelin restaurant (1 star) at the hotel.
There is a great pizza bus very close to the hotel.

Date of stay: September 2018