Lowest prices for your stay
US$115
View deal
Free cancellation until 21/12/16
Reserve now, pay at stay
Hotels.com
US$115
View deal
Free cancellation until 21/12/16
Expedia.comUS$123
Priceline
FindHotelUS$139
All reviews main chateau small lake chateau experience seals bellefontaine wallpaper euros
Selected filters
Reviewed 22 November 2020

Arrived on my wedding anniversary to be put in a last resort room, the carpets were black with mould as were the windows. The first night was booked by my friend so I didn’t want to make fuss, I had booked the second night as it was my birthday and wanted to make a weekend of it. When checking on booking.com the price was €80 per night, so thought, what do you expect for that? The breakfast was shocking, all prepacked items left on table and drinks served from an area behind curtains, not even a proper kitchen. On checking out we were charged €180 euros for the night, I was shocked and checked the price. I was told, that was the price when booked by your friend, I pointed out when I booked the price was €80, I was asked for written proof which of course I didn’t have with me. I was just brushed off with well that’s it! Just pay up. Such a shame as the setting was lovely and the building must have been lovely at one time. Wouldn’t recommend at all.

Room tip: Don’t bother
Date of stay: August 2020
1  Thank Sheree S
Reviewed 10 September 2020

We stayed here and booked the restaurant to eat as it was Sunday night. We arrived at 5pm only to be told the restaurant was closed,(not due to covid I might add) it was a short walk to Bayeau but we could not book any decent restaurants that were open and ended up in a burger place. When we left the chateau we saw people eating in the restaurant we asked why and was told they were full board customers?? but its closed we said and the lady pointed to her stomach indicating her pregnancy and said I can not manage it? well she just didn't get that pregnant in a week when we booked and there were other staff, we let it pass but unfortunately our room was poor, there were dead flies squashed on the ceiling, a bath panel had broken and just been left and wall paper was hanging off the wall, normally I am quite an oh well never mind person but I think enough was enough on this stay.

Date of stay: August 2020
1  Thank portercheryl
Reviewed 26 April 2020

We stayed without much preparation other than that it was in Bayeau and it was in a guide that our travel agent recommended but it was a very special time. For a first time visit from USA - it seemed quintessentially French. In fact it was very European with waiters from Italy. It is within walking distance from the train and very easy walk to Bayeau - for wimps. i recommend bringing your French as it was one of the first places on our trip where we could find people who could not speak English. The hotel is the backdrop to a movie about veterans of WWII from UK and USA who return looking for a special friend. Watch what room you get and complain if you do not get what you were promised. we hired a guide for Normandy beaches and it worked well from here.

Room tip: 2nd floor right of the elevator
Date of stay: May 2019
Reviewed 20 March 2020

The overall outside grounds are lovely. The rooms vary in size and condition. Our first room was simply substandard, thankfully we were able to move to larger room with a comfortable bed. The staff, one superb, Naomi... the others, Not friendly or helpful.

The breakfast was a buffet and sparse. Moldy fruit, cold eggs, not much to choose from for 18E each. Dinner, there were 6 people in the dining room and the service was simply horrible. Food arrived cold and we had to ask for our wine as the staff all sat at the reception area. The Chateau had very little occupancy during our stay, maybe 10 people on the day we left.

It is not within walking distance to much of anything, really need a car to get around.

The overall condition is in need of a face lift and the staff needs a lesson in kindness.

Room tip: 4th floor room 15, there are rooms that are not in the main building.
Date of stay: March 2020
Reviewed 29 February 2020 via mobile

Château de Bellefontaine was spectacular! Delicious breakfast each day, gorgeous rooms, and perfect for touring the northern coast of France. We were a short drive from the D-Day beaches, museums and cemetery. Highly recommend this property. Bayeux was the perfect little town with small shops and restaurants too!

Date of stay: March 2019