“Excellent relaxed stay in the countryside of...”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
Andy J
Bromyard, United Kingdom
“Excellent relaxed stay in the countryside of Southern France”
Reviewed 19 June 2014 for a stay in June 2014

The owners are lovely, very friendly and relaxed. They offer excellent communication with prompt replies to emails. They were unfussy, friendly and helpful - you could not ask for better.

Our children are 3 and 5 and what we wanted was a self catering Gite with a swimming pool that was of decent size and which was located in the middle of open countryside. Which is exactly what we got. We find there's no point in having bars and restaurants and shops on the doorstep that we won't use because of the small children. What is far better is to have the ability to let them run around, in and out and up the garden without having to fear every minute that they are being abducted or mown down by a car. In this regard the Gite was excellent and we enjoyed going for little walks in the fields nearby.

We enjoyed a visit to a nearby lake and hired some pedallos. On two days of inclement weather we visited Carcassonne castle and the Toulouse space centre. The rest of the time was sunny and warm and we lounged about by the pool and had BBQs and chilled out. It worked well and we were able to use the wifi and access normal UK TV including the essential CBeebies and CBBC etc.

This area is not at all touristy and a car is essential. It suited us perfectly for this type of holiday and I feel it was good value and I genuinely liked the owners. It was an hours fairly easy drive from the Toulouse main airport and flights to Toulouse were amongst the cheapest I could find to France.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Situation in open countryside so very secure with young children, no strangers, no cars.
Liked least: There's nothing to do near by within walking distance but we knew that and didn't mind.
Travelling group: Young Children
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
People with disabilities Older travelers
Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Plymouth

A romantic getaway
tavistock
Reviewed 6 September 2012 for a stay in July 2012

Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing