“Experience the best of the South of France in...”
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
Lachlan19...
Barcelona, Spain
“Experience the best of the South of France in this exceptional property”
Reviewed 28 July 2013 for a stay in July 2013

I've just been lucky enough to enjoy seven nights staying at Maison de Maitresse in the small French village of St. Maximin, approximately 5 kilometres from gorgeous Uzes in Southern France. The property itself is is set over 5 levels - 3 levels of house and 2 levels of terraces and the swimming pool. It's easily accessible from the cities of Nimes and Avignon and the perfect base to explore the Provence and Longuedoc Rousillion regions. I've travelled extensively over the years, lived in France and work in the travel industry and I'll cherish the week at the amazing Amanda's (assisted by the equally amazing Judy when required) for years - for so many reasons. Amazing food, wine and people! Bring a bunch of friends and live the dream - the best the South of France has to offer!

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
r4king
Reviewed 8 August 2011 for a stay in August 2011

A romantic getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Families with teenagers
Tourists Large groups
Luxury-minded travelers
BettieBoo...
Auckland Central, New Zealand
“There is something for everyone at Maison de Maitresse”
Reviewed 23 June 2011 for a stay in April 2011
person found this review helpful

I had to change my travel plans at the last minute from Sardinia to France ... but what a blessing that turned out to be !!

I travelled on my own to St. Maximin but was collected by Amanda from the train station in Avignon, a soft top silver sports car in the South of France, I was in heaven immediately.

I was given all the freedom I wanted or I was welcomed with family and close friends if I chose to join in, which I mostly did !!

The best markets in the area are located in Uzes just 10 minutes by car or by bus which is located at the bottom of St. Maximim (9.28am to be precise), the markets are Wednesday and Saturdays.

If you are very lucky Amanda will tell you where the local flea market is on a Sunday morning, the 9 french vintage crystal champagne glasses for 10 euro are now amongst my most treasured possessions.

The entire property is devine, totally gorgeous, I hardly ate out at all, mostly enjoying food from the market or homemade cooking with Amanda and her friends. Luckily the best restaurant in the area is located in St. Maximin village so I would absolutely advise to book as soon as you arrive.

One of the highlights, apart from meeting Amanda and her friends and family would be taking the canoe down the Gardon River to the Pont Du Gard. An absolute must with a picnic lunch, I was on my own that day and totally blissed out.

Maison de Maitresse is a very magical place be prepared to return from your holiday a changed person – I have !!

And I’m going back …. very very soon.

Travelling group: Solo Traveller
Your age range 35-49
Young singles Friends getaway
A romantic getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
Large groups Luxury-minded travelers
DorothyMD
Chicago
“The house works beautifully for a large group - millions of rooms, adorable yard and pool.”
Reviewed 20 June 2011 for a stay in July 2010
people found this review helpful

It doesn't get much more authentic - this house is quintessential Provence in a quaint, sleepy village a few miles from bustling Uzes. Gorgeous, spacious yet unpretentious. With both houses, there was room for all of our extended family of nearly 20. The best was the pool - nicely shaded and cool all day long. Most fun when Amanda was in residence - so much fun and full of great advice. We loved joining her and her friends for song and drinks. Be sure to visit the restaurant a block or two away, the pizza and ice cream at the bottom of the road is legendary, and the Cave for wine by the jug is incredibly good value.

Travelling group: Extended Family
Your age range 50-64
Friends getaway A romantic getaway
Older travelers Families with young children
Large groups
Judy68020...
Saxmundham, United Kingdom
“Total French immersion - tastes, smells, ambience, warmth of the sun -FABULOUS”
Reviewed 18 June 2011 for a stay in May 2011

I stayed with my family and found the whole holiday from the initial welcome and very helpful advice from Amanda just set us in the right direction from the start. Maison de Maitresse is very comfortable and has great outdoor living for everyone. We took in a different site and adventure each day and came back late afternoon in time for a dip in the pool and refresh for cocktail hour on the upper deck. The village restaurant is just a hop skip and jump from the house and is just fabulous. We loved the Saturday market in Uzes and certainly enjoyed Amanda we we were invited to share food and drinks. We had the opportunity of being entertained by some of Amanda's musician friends while we were staying and felt very priviliged to be included. Highly recommended for location and a very unforgettable holiday.

Travelling group: Family with Young Children
Your age range 25-34
Young singles Friends getaway
A romantic getaway Families with young children
Large groups
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing