“2 Foodies loved this tour”

Montpellier Gourmet Walking Tour
Gourmet Walking Tour of Montpellier
Ranked #8 of 15 Food & Drink in Montpellier
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Join your English speaking host for an intimate and unique gourmet walking tour of Montpellier. Stroll the streets past historical buildings while sampling local specialties, meeting merchants and getting historical and cultural tips. The visit will include delights such as pastry, cheese, wine and other fine foods. Other unique experiences available: wine tour and tasting in a Citroen 2HP vintage vehicle, cooking workshop from 10am to 2pm or private chef in your holiday home.
Useful Information: Food available for purchase, Baby buggy parking, Wheelchair access, Bathroom facilities
Reviewed 4 November 2016

Nancy was a great tour guide with historic info, personal inside stories with the food merchants and unique food sample choices for us. It rained much of the tour and we did not care! Would not have wanted to end the tour prematurely!!

Date of experience: November 2016

Reviewed 18 October 2016

Our group had a wonderful time with Nancy. She was informative and provided a wealth of knowledge about the city and food in the south of France. I would definitely recommend her and would look to book her for tours in other locations. She seemed more like a friend showing you the city as opposed to a tour guide. The price for the tour was extremely reasonable. Many food tours I've been on cost upwards of $100 - $300 and this was a nice change of pace. That being said, I do think she could increase her ticket price a little in hopes that the portion sizes could be more substantial. Nonetheless a great tour and experience for my friends and I.

Date of experience: October 2016
Reviewed 12 October 2016

My partner and I had a warm and friendly walk through Montpellier with Nancy our walking tour guide. I would strongly suggest that if you are interested in walking through Montpellier with a knowledgeable, fun, story-telling native guide, then please contact Nancy. We will fondly remember our walk with Nancy. She does her homework and will give you much more. She brings Montpellier alive with stories and is always doing research about the area. Her friendly relationships with vendors makes you feel like a part of the neighborhood. All this and a consummate professional too.

Date of experience: October 2016
Reviewed 26 June 2016

To my mind, a "gourmet tour" of a French city should be more than dropping into a cookie shop (where one biscuit was provided), to an olive oil shop where at most 2cc of oil were offered, to a sweets shop where one macaroon and a small chocolate were made available, etc. There was a bit more "bulk" at a cheese shop where Roquefort and bread were provided. However, for a lot of people, "blue cheese" is an acquired taste, thus it was not agreeable to all. As a result, there was plenty of bread and cheese remaining after our visit, which our tour guide took home. The tours was also said to include "wines." Note the plural here. I assumed we would have a tasting of local or regional wines; however, we were treated to one wine (a cheap rose) at a wine shop. Being the wine enthusiast that I am, I was sorely disappointed (and a bit offended) at the offer here. For 50 Euro per person, one can do a lot better going to a nice restaurant. I was quite hungry after this tour. So much so, that my wife and I went out for dinner after. This made for a much more expensive night out than we anticipated. I will say that our guide is quite informative and gave us some interesting details about the city of Montpellier. But, the cost was not worth it.

Date of experience: June 2016
1  Thank Haggis969
See more reviews
Reviewed 13 January 2016 via mobile

I really enjoyed the tour with Nancy, a native Canadian, so the tour can be in English. She has done a lot of work to select the best of the best shops to stop at, all focusing on the true art of what they make/provide. You will have a chance to try one or a few select items from each location. These items are specially chosen by Nancy, the vendor, and the season to give you a one of a kind taste of southern France. Along the way, Nancy will tell quirky stories about the buildings, shops and location. She isn't an historian, but I'm sure these are the stories I will remember and pass on when looking at my photos. It was a delicious and fun afternoon.

For 3 complete hours you can follow along getting lost in the sights, sounds and tastes of Montpellier. No need to worry about where you are, deciding what you should try, or hoping that the shop owner will be able to understand you, Nancy takes care of everything!

Date of experience: January 2016