“Lovely food but lacking in atmosphere”
Review of Rosemary

Rosemary
Ranked #935 of 19 411 Restaurants in Paris
Neighbourhood: Le Marais
Neighbourhood: Le Marais
Reviewed 1 July 2016 via mobile

Booked this visit in advance due to trip advisor posts. To our surprise we were the only people in the restaurant for the whole duration of our visit!! We thought that the service would be fabulous however it was lacking in attention at points! Food was delicious - my asparagus was cooked perfectly and the poached egg was the perfect consistency- my daughter had had the gazpacho and the bread was warm and tasty. My husband was delighted with the scotch egg- almost tempura like in the lightness of the coating.
Main course were delicious too - little bit too much sauce over all parts of the black pollock And vegetables (on the side would have been preferable - able then to choose how much or how little!).
Burger was tasty and chips were home-cooked and perfect in texture and taste.
The and chips were just that!
Overall good lovely but sadly lacking in the bustling busy gastropub experience we desired. The pimms cocktail was perfect!

Date of visit: June 2016

Reviewed 6 May 2016 via mobile

The waiter was very friendly and competent, the food was original and very good, the price was really low. A top address!

Date of visit: May 2016
Reviewed 26 April 2016

Chose a number of items from the newly introduced menu.

Initial entrée of Fish Fingers and Scotch Egg - so Tasty.
As a great fan of peas - the Pea Puree with Fresh Pea Topping was great.

Main course of succulent Rack of Lamb with Crispy Fat with Garlic Puree and Sauce was fabulous.

Service as always attentive, efficient and friendly.

Evening of Taste followed by more Taste.

Date of visit: April 2016
Reviewed 5 April 2016

Great and creative food. We had a lovely moment and the team was very nice to us.
I might not come everyday, as I like to discover different places, but I definitively recommend the place!

Date of visit: February 2016
Reviewed 20 March 2016

I don't know whether the regular chef was away (perhaps they have someone else on a Sunday?), but it doesn't feel as if we were eating at the same restaurant as anyone else who's left a review. Having booked a huge table for a large group for brunch, we arrived to be told there was no brunch menu, nor lunch menu (which actually looked nice on the website, what a shame), only something entirely bizarre called the Sunday Roast menu that didn't feature anything roasted at all. Scones (yes, scones which we have at teatime) with granola, kiwi jam and lemon curd as a starter, would you believe it. I had a soup ("carrot and apple") that looked and tasted like cheese out of a tube. Then as a main course there was fish pie on offer, but the description didn't sound like any fish pie we'd ever heard of, so instead some of our group plumped for the extraordinary combination of a great British breakfast made into a "tarte" - yes, beans, black pudding, egg and sausage on a nice rectangle of filo pasty. They said it wasn't too bad, but we have to ask "why?" I wasn't lucky and chose a pork dish instead, which looked like a 1970s school dinner - thick circles of meat drenched in brown sauce. The pork itself was ok if a bit dry and chewy. Next to it sat a baked potato, supposedly with Cheddar (although why Cheddar would feature next to a pork main ingredient I don't know). How can you cook a baked potato badly? But they managed it. The skin was burnt and the potato inside tasted weird. And it was not topped with Cheddar, but a very unpleasant creamy sauce with a slightly oniony touch. No vegetables with it, which is odd for a Sunday lunch dish. One of our party had a bread and butter pudding which they said was nice, but I was totally full by this stage and not enjoying myself at all. The food tasted like nothing I've ever tasted in Britain, if indeed it was meant to be British, and was really not good, almost inedible. I can't believe it was actually a real chef who made these dishes. I wonder if he tasted them. I came away feeling distinctly ill. To add insult to injury, they were waiting for a wine delivery the following day and there was only one red wine available, and that by the glass! I must say that the staff, just two of them, were run off their feet but did a noble job in serving us, and were pleasant and smily throughout, it's just a massive pity that no-one in the kitchen seems to have a clue.

Date of visit: March 2016