“Frog Legs!”

Roger la Grenouille
Reserve with
Roger la Grenouille is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 633 of 18 333 Restaurants in Paris
Price range: US$37 - US$62
Cuisines: French
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Odéon / Saint-Michel
Description: 'Roger la Grenouille', an authentic 1930s bistro, at the heart of Saint Germain de prés, a place full of history and established for more than 80 years.Within its unique, baroque and shimmering décor, the family Layrac and chef Pascal Delacourt, will welcome you into a warm atmosphere and propose a “bistronomique” cuisine, at the same time authentic and creative and made from seasonal produce.The speciality of the house is frogs legs, which you can try in fritters, provencal or Grenoble, or spicy Indian style... At least ten classic French recipes are on offer.As for the 'à la carte' menu, an assortment of foie gras, snails burgundy style (escargots de bourgogne), rack or loin of lamb, scallops, Rum Baba, are also available.
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

All the food we tasted was very good. We love frog legs and this was definitely the place to order them.. We had them in a traditional garlic sauce.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

The place is quite popular among the locals for frogs but have to say you can find a pretty wide range of traditional Parisienne food.
The location is very good and the service is ok.

Reviewed 7 March 2018

I checked up where I could find some frog dishes in Paris and came across this place. It’s tucked away on a street I might not otherwise have found, if I didn’t know what I was looking for. We tried two of their frog dishes: frog burger and frog legs. The food was quite good and the service great! The waiter sang a song and really set the mood, and therefore I would recommend this place!

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 11 February 2018 via mobile

Had a great time in this place with my wife! We ordered frogs and snails for the first time! And it was delicious, trust me! The interiors were also quite nice and cozy. Everyone should visit it while in Paris.

Reviewed 7 February 2018

Came over with 9 friends who had never eaten frog legs or snails for that matter. We were made welcome by Henri and his team. The food was amazing and as we stayed late into the night were even got to use the piano... I have been coming here for 30 years and though the decor changed, the atmosphere/spirit of the place remained or at least we were allowed to recreate it.
Thanks for the good time. We'll be back for the next France - Ireland game