“Surprise quality. ”
Review of Le Petit Retro

Le Petit Retro
Reserve with
Le Petit Retro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 919 of 19 258 Restaurants in Paris
Price range: US$17 - US$51
Cuisines: French
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Trocadero
Description: Open 6/7 from Monday to Saturday, for lunch &dinner
Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

We asked our concierge and he made a great recommendation. The waitress was very helpful and the food excellent. The restaurant decor was eclectic. The food was well prepared and delicious. It is not hard to get a good meal in Paris but this was an excellent recommendation.

Reviewed 2 June 2018

My husband and I booked a good few weeks back as our last meal in Paris. I must say that first of all, I do not normally leave comments on TripAdvisor, and I also nearly cancelled the booking when I saw some of the latest comments on the site. But my Hotel insisted on recommending the place.

It was our best meal in Paris.

My husband had the eggs as a starter and I had the mushrooms, both extremely tasty, for main, he had the lamb, I had the ravioli. Simple, well presented,generous portions, and so delicious. We were already quite full, but we couldn't resist the famous Mont Blanc that our waitress recommended. From the wine to the coffee, everything was outstanding. Simple, generous and heaven at every bite.

And the service. It was also one if not the best service we ever had. And we've been all over the world. Quite happy to say that the work of this lovely team killed once and for all the " cliche" of grumpy Parisian people.

The Gentleman and the lady were smiling, polite, funny, and kept apologizing for every bit of wait for the food to come out. Its true that we had to wait, but the music, the decotaion, the extraordinary staff, we didn't see the time pass by. They were patient with our poor french, and could speak perfect english. Very knoledgeable, the place was crowded, and they took time for us as if we were royalties.

The place is amazing, in a quiet street, only sometimes disturbed by the fire brigade... As the waitress said, " We forgive them because they are handsome... And also they save lives. "

We had a wonderful night, and if we had been there the first night, we would have been there every night. We will recommend that place to all our friends visiting Paris. The food is simple, but great, it's just what you dream of when you think of " French cuisine".

One of the highlights of our short stay in France.

2  Thank Joan O
Reviewed 1 June 2018 via mobile

We went to this restaurant on the recommendation of Lonely Planet. Imagine our disappointment at the poor value of the food.

Reviewed 31 May 2018 via mobile

Food was ordinary and way overpriced. Surprised that it was recommended by Lonely Planet! Not worth a visit.

1  Thank EDGOH
Reviewed 24 May 2018

Had dinner here on the recommendation of the hotel concierge. Very small restaurant but despite there only being two of us, we were given two small tables so we would have more room. The staff were all very friendly and attentive and went out of their way to help with menu selections. The food was good, the portions were a reasonable size, the dishes arrived fairly quickly and the service was excellent. Price was reasonable for Paris. It was a great recommendation by the concierge and I would definitely go back again.

1  Thank Pink_Passport