“Wonderful food, great atmosphere, good gluten-free options”
Review of Lac Hong

Lac Hong
Ranked #1 063 of 18 708 Restaurants in Paris
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Trocadero
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I love Vietnamese food. I haven't been to Vietnam, but I've been to a number of excellent Vietnamese restaurants in the USA and UK. However, the Lac Hong in Paris is now at the top of my list. During a visit to Paris in December 2017, I had dinner at this restaurant three times. Each time, the atmosphere was welcoming, the service impeccable, and the food outstanding. It's not a cheap eats restaurant, but the prices are reasonable considering the quality of the food and service. Some of the dishes are traditional and some seem to be unique creations based on an imaginative fusion of French and Vietnamese cuisine. It's all terrific. I especially appreciated that the chef, having learned that I needed to eat gluten-free, came and spoke with me (in English) about what was in the various dishes and how they were prepared.

This restaurant is on a small side-street midway between the Arc de Triomphe and the Trocadéro, less than a 10 minute walk from each. It's off the beaten path, so you will need to seek it out, but if your experience is like mine you will have no regrets. Try the Vietnamese pancakes!

Reviewed 6 June 2018

Unless you hate money avoid this place. It is located within tourist central of Paris and their business model is geared towards that... tourist. You'll pay for your first and last visit never to return again. The prices are not even on par with the local area!

We even witness another Vietnamese family walk out angry after paying their bill.

Reviewed 3 June 2018 via mobile

You will be attended to by happy people who care deeply about how you like the food.

They are known for their many types Of rolls. We had the imperial rolls that were quite delightful and with both of us a little tired the Beef Pho.

I have to say it is the best Beef Pho I have enjoyed anywhere in the world. This includes late night street side Pho enjoyed at 3am in Hoi Ann with motorbike taxis and a few places in Hanoi. The cuts of beef are tender and the broth is delightful and not too salty.

Highly recommend for a quiet meal away from tourists.

Reviewed 25 May 2018 via mobile

Pleasant surprise! We found this place as we were near the Eiffel Tower and heading to the Arc de Triomphe and wanted something different than French cuisine. Staff were very welcoming, food was authentic and good portions! We chose the menu of the day and it was delicious! Fresh ingredients and cooked to order. Our favorite dishes were the imperial rolls and chicken/vegetable dish. Wish we could have tried more!

Reviewed 24 May 2018 via mobile

What a rip off! What people say about the “tourist trap” is completely true, I got the wonton soup (15 Euros) and it was like the Costco wonton soups you get 10 packs for 10 dollars. My wife got the vegetable shrimp noodle pan fry (25 Euros) and it tasted like ramen stir fry. What a waste of money! STAY AWAY!!!!