“Really Busy Place”
Review of Chez Jenny

Chez Jenny
Reserve with
Save up to 30% when you reserve online *
Chez Jenny is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 106 of 18 464 Restaurants in Paris
Cuisines: French, Seafood, Gastropub
Good for: Child-friendly, Business meetings, Groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Le Marais
Description: This 1930s-style brasserie, symbol of the Place de la Republique, has honoured Alsace and its gastronomic specialities for the past 80 years, serving sauerkraut prepared according to a host of recipes, as well as other delicious regional specialities, including flammenkuche tarts, apple strudel, Vosges meringue and kougof cake. Charles Spindler designed its famous marquetry, which contributes to its being one of the most beautiful brasseries in Paris--This 1930s-style brasserie, symbol of the Place de la Republique, has honoured Alsace and its gastronomic specialities for the past 80 years, serving sauerkraut prepared according to a host of recipes, as well as other delicious regional specialities, including flammenkuche tarts, apple strudel, Vosges meringue and kougof cake. Charles Spindler designed its famous marquetry, which contributes to its being one of the most beautiful brasseries in Paris
Reviewed 21 January 2018 via mobile

We was recommended this restaurant by the Hotel we were staying in. I had read some reviews that you should reserve a table however I couldn’t reserve until midnight. As we were staying fairly close by we took the gamble and got there at 7pm. We went straight in and was given a table near the window. We were lucky though as within 30 mins there was a queue to get in which went outside. It is a large restaurant and it was full up by 8pm. The service was really good considering how busy it was and the food was really nice. However the food is more German than traditional French, but it was still good. I would highly recommend this restaurant.

Write a ReviewReviews (1 211)

7 - 11 of 1 211 reviews

Reviewed 18 January 2018 via mobile

Great food and service. Marie went the extra mile to sign post good places to hang out in Paris.
She had excellent customer service.
Would recommend the restaurant to anyone visiting Paris

Reviewed 14 January 2018 via mobile

Best choucroute in Paris. Family tradition, my grand parents used to go there, and still enjoying it 2 generations later. Went on a Saturday night and glad we booked. Place was packed, atmosphere was buzzing, really good evening as ever.

1  Thank IsabellePratt
Reviewed 9 January 2018

This is 1 of several in a local ownership, each specialising in a regional (Xhez Jenny is Alsace regional). Venue is stylist and service staff excellent n' helpful. We had 2 dinners on our week's stay in Paris. Off season so never full, but for a lunch on one day it was full !!!!! so check as to season or events in case you need to book.

Reviewed 7 January 2018

I was invited for dinner by friends at this restaurant on a very busy night! I made the mistake to drive and had a terrible time finding parking until I spotted after going around twice the 'voiturier- car attendant' who suddenly appeared who took care of parking my car (the restaurant just off Place de la Republique is located on a high pavement a few meters above the ground and is difficult to see when you drive by). We had a great table in a booth. After a nice glass of champagne to toast the new year, I chose the haricot salad to start with followed by the typical Strasbourg Choucroute- different meats with sauerkraut and boiled potatoes. My friends had ousters for starters that looked yummy. I finished the meal with a nice three types of sorbet ice cream. The service was attentive and professional. A nice evening to celebrate the new year with some good friends in a traditional french brasserie in a beautiful old building.