“Close to tradition but not that tasty”

Le Bouillon Chartier
Ranked #2 398 of 18 735 Restaurants in Paris
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery
Neighbourhood: Opéra / Bourse
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I am not an authority in French cuisine but I was recommended to Le Bouillon Chartier by locals because of its traditional dishes and vibes. None of the dishes was that exciting, in particular on of the meat ones that came with plain pasta in it - I found it an odd combination and that it only added heaviness to the dish. However, the wine was very nice and came in a cute bottle. The service was good despite the full restaurant, the queue system is quite odd. The waiter was the happiest man I had ever met (especially in France :P)

1  Thank Giulia G
Write a ReviewReviews (11 880)

23 - 27 of 11 880 reviews

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Delicious meal, amazing waiter, gorgeous setting.
Parents took us here as they have been to Paris many times before.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

My family and I went here for an early dinner at Chartier. Beautiful, nostalgia-inducing decor. The menu was simple, but satisfying and good value. I enjoyed the traditional 'pot au feu' and the baked apple and ice cream for dessert. The one thing that we found odd was that even though the restaurant was cavernous and only about 20% full at this time, one of the waitstaff seemed obsessed with making people share tables with strangers - even when a couple was part-way through their meal! I think the only thing that spared us this awkward situation was that we were a group of three.

Perhaps there was a very good reason for the forced table-sharing arrangements we saw (? large group booking imminent), but it wasn't readily apparent. If you are ok with shared tables, by all means visit this restaurant, but if that isn't to your liking, maybe reconsider.

1  Thank henrybear2018
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I went there with friends for a quick lunch last week. There was a long queue but it was totally worth it. The food that we ordered (snails, veal, etc.) was fantastic and authentic, and the prices were reasonable. The staff members were friendly and I like the fact they wrote what we ordered on the table cloth! We had a wonderful time and I highly recommend this restaurant to whoever visiting Paris.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This place is on my bucket list as it was described as one of the places with a genuine Parisian atmosphere. I also found that we couldn't order a table in advance. I was disappointed when saw a huge queue in front of it! Maybe I'll try to visit it next time. :)