“Blue Elephant - Paris”
Review of Blue Elephant

Blue Elephant
Reserve with
Blue Elephant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 301 of 19 280 Restaurants in Paris
Price range: US$29 - US$114
Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Groups, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Bastille / Oberkampf
Reviewed 7 May 2018 via mobile

I went there for lunch with friends. It was my first time there after hearing about it. There are choices for starter, main dish, and desserts. It is a good choice for any who doesn’t know much about Thai food. You can have an experience of “Introducing to Thai Food.” The taste is adjusted to European style but still recognisable as Thai. As a Thai who haven’t eaten Thai food for awhile, I had a good time there especially for type desserts (I don’t know how it should be called in English), the tastes were even better than in Thailand. The chefs and staffs are very nice, warm and kind. I was almost full since I was having starter, I enjoyed “fish cake” and “shrimp batter with crispy rice” so much.

Write a ReviewReviews (1 581)

4 - 8 of 1 581 reviews

Reviewed 11 April 2018

We ate here as a family. We love Thai food with plenty of flavour and spice. The initial impressions were good - nice appearence and ambience. Service was OK but a bit slow as very busy. Food was pretty bland and I felt it was expensive - we ate 2 other dinners in the area that weekend and the others were cheaper with better food

Reviewed 11 March 2018 via mobile

For years I wanted to test this Thai restaurant and I was a bit disappointed. We had booked for a Saturday night where the restaurant was packed of couples, friends and families with children . We have chosen a Royal Menu to taste a selection of entré and main dish without the soup. The food was OK but too expensive for the quality. The table set was clean and cute. The service OK. The restaurant decoration is not very modern considering the price of the menu. The restaurant has a valet parking which is very useful in the crowded neighborhood with no parking place near by

Reviewed 11 February 2018 via mobile

I was excited to go to the Blue Elephant, as I use their products. I was very disappointed. I entered the restaurant and was not acknowledged for about 5 minutes. When I was shown to my table I was happy with it. I ordered my dinner and a glass of wine. I was given a small amuse bouche of fish sauce, lime soup. It wasn’t very good.
My glass noodle salad was good and tasty, just to much lime again.
My main course was a whole steamed fish with lime. I was expecting a fish steamed in a bananna leaf. But when it turned up it was a very small fish swimming in lime and fish sauce. It was so strong in taste it was close to unedible.
I eat Thai food all over the world and this was the worst I have had. Thai food is more than fish sauce and lime. There are better restaurants in the area.

Reviewed 21 January 2018

As a current resident of San Francisco, which has wonderful Asian restaurants, I was sceptical about Thai food in Paris, I was wrong. Not only is this restaurant wonderfully decorated, but the food is very good, and beautifully presented.
The space is enormous! But you don't really notice it as it is laid out in different rooms and on different levels. There is a nice cascade.
The service is friendly, too, and before leaving, ladies get an orchid to take home!