“Limited menu”

1 T. Rue Scribe Cafe
Ranked #66 of 228 Coffee & Tea in Paris
Cuisines: French
Neighbourhood: Opera / Bourse
Description: Crystal chandeliers, tall columns and a mezzanine library create a perfect setting for this gem of a place, the Hotel Scribe's tea room, where Parisian elegance and Asian culture come together. 1 T. rue Scribe is a favourite with Parisian women who enjoy afternoon tea with a rare tea, a glass of champagne, or a delicious pastry concocted by the Scribe's own pastry chef. Travel-inspired light and tasty luncheon dishes offer a moment of exotic escape in the heart of Paris.
Reviewed 19 December 2016

I was not impressed with the menu or the staff but I must be in the minority because it was busy. The pastries I had were so-so and the coffee, too.

Reviewed 16 December 2016

We first of all tried the tea salon but after being shown to a table we were abandoned , so moved to the bar. The service there was excellent and we were able to have tea and a delicious pastry, as well as an alcoholic drink. Very restful atmosphere with a range of people from little children having tea with their parents to couples. For a luxury hotel the bill wasn't exorbitant either.

Reviewed 30 November 2016

After reading your comments, I invited a business friend for diner at the hotel scribe restaurant last November what a poor experience ! Forget this place.
Expensive ,up nosed, un tasty food we even had to reorder some green beans so poorly and scarcely were the plates !
Wine is super expensive.
All in one a very bad experience I will never go back there !

1  Thank Armand-louis W
Reviewed 18 October 2016 via mobile

Truly wonderful hotel very close to Opera district and good walk ng distant to Paris's sights and restaurants.
Very cosy rooms with amazing beds which made it difficult to get up in the morning!!
Attentive staff ... Thoroughly recommend this luxury hotel!

Reviewed 14 September 2016 via mobile

I went here with a friend. We chose a table on the mezzanine. After waiting 20 minutes without anyone coming to us, we went downstairs and got a menu. We chose left our order with the lady on duty and went back up to our table. A few minutes later she came with the tea which was in tiny pots. Mine was so weak with no flavour, and my friend's was too hot which had also burnt the green tea. No one came again during the course of our stay to see if we needed anything. We paid 20 euros for 2 teas. I definitely won't be going back again.