“I'd give it 6 stars if I could”

Chambelland Boulangerie (PARIS)
Ranked #7 of 99 Quick Bites in Paris
Neighbourhood: Bastille / Oberkampf
Neighbourhood: Bastille / Oberkampf
Reviewed 28 June 2018

EXCELLENT! I'm medically required to have a gluten free diet, so this boulangerie was on my must-see list. And it didn't disappoint! Even my non-gluten free family enjoyed it. It is out of the way, in the 11th Arondissement. I've travelled many places, but, I'v never had gluten free food as good as this! The location is small...only a few seats indoors. The patio seating was fine. We had breakfast - quiche, tarts, sweet breads, and more. Delightful! I bought brownies and tarts and sucre bread to travel. Its self service, but the staff was very helpful in our menu choices. I was only disappointed that I couldn't get back there.

Date of visit: June 2018
Joséphine c, Responsable relations publiques at Chambelland Boulangerie (PARIS), responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2018

Dear FSMBA4,

Thank you for sharing your experience on TripAdvisor.

We are more than happy to read you enjoyed your visit in our bakery.
We would love to welcome you again ;)

The Team Chambelland & Joséphine,

Reviewed 22 June 2018 via mobile

TripAdvisor totally missed this one. Out of the way location but favorable reviews by TripAdvisor. Food was marginal and ambience bad. Really poor experience.

Date of visit: June 2018
Joséphine c, Responsable relations clients at Chambelland Boulangerie (PARIS), responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2018

Dear Greg H,

Thank you for sharing your experience on TripAdvisor.
We are disappointed to read you didn't enjoy your experience in our bakery. We bake rice and buckwheat flours, maybe you were not used to try a different taste from a traditional baguette made with wheat.

The Team & Joséphine

Reviewed 20 June 2018 via mobile

It's terrible. Dry bread (it wasn't fresh at all, even though I came at 10am), plain coffee, very little choice. Where all this good reviews are coming from?!

Dear Maryel666,

Thank you for sharing your experience on TripAdvisor.

We were a bit surprised of your message. Our breads are made everyday (as everything in our product range). They are very hydrated, so it's a bit surprising to find them dry. Anyhow, we can't please everybody ;)

Regards,

The Team Chambelland & Joséphine.

Reviewed 27 May 2018

I am unable to eat gluten and our hotel was two blocks away - a perfect combination for our stay last month!

My husband and I were in Paris two years ago, and while I had heard about Chambelland, my timing never worked out to visit. I'm wishing now that I had rearranged things, as this is one of my favorite finds in Paris. Chambelland was our go-to for quick sandwiches (a quick lunch on our first day, sandwiches to take on day trips and to the airport on our day of departure). It was a huge comfort knowing everything in the shop was safe for me to eat.

During each of our visits we each ordered a sandwich - they have at least two options a day, one veg and one meat - and were never disappointed. The bread was flavorful and never fell apart, which often happens with gluten-free bread. I also picked up a bag of financiers, and wish I had done so earlier as they were soft and full of flavor.

We will certainly have Chambelland at the top of our list for our next visit to Paris. I miss the bread already...

Date of visit: April 2018
Joséphine c, Responsable relations clients at Chambelland Boulangerie (PARIS), responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2018

Dear SKB-CDB,

Thank you for sharing your opinion on TripAdvisor.

It made us very happy to read your comment, and hope to see you at your next trip in Paris ;)

the Team & Joséphine,

Reviewed 6 May 2018 via mobile

Great selection of bread and pastries. Good coffee and fresh pressed juices. A great way to start the day sitting outside on a quiet square.

Date of visit: May 2018
Joséphine c, Responsable relations clients at Chambelland Boulangerie (PARIS), responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2018

Dear CMike0420,

Thank you for sharing your opinion on TripAdvisor.

We are glad you enjoyed your morning at chambelland and hope to welcome you again ;)

The Team & Josephine