“good! Gluten free options”
Review of Cafe Chilango

Cafe Chilango
Reserve with
Cafe Chilango is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 689 of 18 737 Restaurants in Paris
Price range: US$8 - US$29
Cuisines: Mexican
Neighbourhood: Canal Saint-Martin
Neighbourhood: Canal Saint-Martin
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

It was a bit out of the way, but, the food was great. I need to be medically gluten free, and they had been recommended by others. Its VERY small - indoor seating for maybe 16. Others sat on the streetside. There is one small grill, but they managed to turn out some good food for us! I asked the proprietor about Gluten Free selections, and he was well informed about what I could eat - which was almost everything on the menu! Its pretty much self service - order at the counter and staff brings the food to you. Heads up....as a small building , without air conditioning, and the grill in the main restaurant....it got pretty warm in there. Otherwise, a recommended stop.

Reviewed 13 May 2018

This place opens at 12pm so I had asked ahead of time (contacted via Facebook Messenger) if I could book a table at 12pm itself (because we were coming from another activity that would have concluded by 1130am). They said yes.

Unfortunately we got there at 12pm and they were still busy setting up. Stood outside with my group of friends before finally at around 1220pm I crept in and asked about if we could just seat ourselves while they set up. They said Yes we could seat ourselves but that the kitchen wasn't ready yet.

So it was kind of a bummer that my effort to contact them earlier and book a table wasn't met - but I guess they're just a casual eatery that "table bookings" isn't made a particularly big deal.

Anywho -- dare I say, we had a really cool overall lunch experience that pretty much made up for them forgetting our table! The system is order at the bar and they would serve the food to us - service was efficient, food was great! The brunch set was super generous (pressed juice, delicious yogurt+muesli, then a main course (I took the quesadilla) plus a coffee at the end) - super yum and filling! In fact as both me and my husband took one brunch set each we actually felt at the end that we probably could have just shared the one brunch set. We also took a guacamole + chips starter to share for the table.
So for 2 brunch sets (19euros each) + the starter = we paid 45euros .

Not a bad deal for the portion, but I personally wouldn't mind a smaller portion for a little less.

There are some nice options for vegetarians too (had a vegetarian friend at our table).

So overall great experience trying this place out - the only reason I mention that they forgot about our table booking is so that perhaps that's something they might wanna improve on for the future :) . It was my birthday brunch, so if they would have remembered and opened the door for us at 12pm it would have been much nicer than waiting outside for 20minutes and would have made my birthday-day even better!

Still, would totally recommend. :)

Reviewed 8 April 2018

Tasty Mexican tacos in a tiny restaurant where you can drink amazing margaritas with tamarin juice or home made lime juice. There aren't many choices on the menu card; it's a bit expensive but the meals worth it.

Reviewed 22 January 2018

Frankly, when arriving at the address, you wouldn't be blamed for mistaking this Mexican café/bar for a shady sleazy joint. Dark windows wet with condensation on the inside, stickers on the outside hinting at this after all was Café Chilango. Once having dared to enter, you are met with friendly hustling bar personnel, working hard to ensure rapid deliveries of wonderful Mexican authenticities served with a touch of class and exciting drinks/cocktails. The music and the people create an ambiance that is tempting the middle aged to recall younger days when the odd Tequila slammer could spice up the occasion. Regardless, such was the experience that if you're looking for something good to eat, fun to experience and that Mexican vibe, then remember Café Chilango. You won't be disappointed.

Reviewed 24 October 2017

The tacos are made of corn, so gluten free
there are veggie options
ask without milk because everything is made at the minute and honestly its cheap and delicious