“Paris”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Slats5000
Canberra, Australia
“Paris”
Reviewed 16 October 2018 for a stay in October 2018

The apartment was excellent, it was clean, modern and very conveniently located. This is a wonderful part of Paris close to the city but far enough away to get a true feel of life in this wonderful city. We were met on arrival and provided with all relevant information about the apartment and the surrounding area.

26 Nov 2018
Many thanks for your very nice review, I'm very pleased you had a nice stay in my apartment. Hope to welcome you again in the future.
Dman459
“Very pleasant stay”
Reviewed 25 September 2018 for a stay in September 2018

Me and my party enjoyed staying in this apartment. The neighborhood is calm, and the apartment building has a secure door, which means it's a very quiet place to stay at. The rooms were sufficient, and the kitchen was well stocked with cookware and silverware.

The service by Mr. Bertrand and Ms. Russu was also very pleasant.

26 Nov 2018
Many thanks for your very nice review, I'm very pleased you liked your stay in my apartment.
Sheila C
Stoneham, Massachusetts
“Very disappointing, needs updating badly!”
Reviewed 28 August 2018 for a stay in August 2018
people found this review helpful

I probably should have know from my first phone conversation with Bertrand, that I wasn’t dealing with a very pleasant person. We arrived at the apartment at 2pm, check in wasn’t until 3pm. I had called him to let him know we were there and that I wasn’t able to connect with the woman who was brining the key and was it possible to be let into the place early. He was very rude and short with me, and basically told me we’d have to wait an hour...outside...in the August heat. Fine, we sweated it out. The apartment does have an elevator, which was nice since I have a slight disability and too many stairs can be a challenge. The apartment was very hot, but did come with two standing fans. One of the fans had a broken base and would not stand upright alone, it needed to be propped against the wall. This of course caused it to tip over and smash to the floor. My husband went out and was able to find the exact same fan from an appliance store down the street. It was €59.00, but we couldn’t not have two fans in the apartment, there is no air flow in the place at all. Long story short, I sent Bertrand a message and a photo of the receipt, and it’s been over 2wks with no word or reimbursement. The very nice woman who manages the key drop off, said she would contact him too, but basically told me not to expect to be paid back.

The two twin beds were very uncomfortable and have plastic mattress covers, which my kids said were very noisy when trying to sleep. We had to make up our own beds, but we were only given a fitted sheet, no top sheets, just a duvet cover. The fitted sheet for the double bed had a large hole in it as well. The bathroom towels were all threadbare and the washing machine was filthy. (See attached soap dispenser photo). The dryer didn’t actually dry the clothes, just made them hot and wet.

The neighborhood is meh. No good places to eat close by and the grocery store is very small with limited selection.

We had rented 3 other apartments during this European vacation, and this was definitely the worst one. I did go through Airbnb for the other 3 places, and all of the hosts lived up to their Superhost status. This place had high marks as well, so I was shocked at our actual experience here. Bottom line is this guy is cheap and really needs to put some money back into the place, or at the very least buy new towels and sheets.

10 Sep 2018
I probably should have know from my first conversation with Sheila that she will not be fair… As we had plan in advance, the check-in was schedule at 3pm, she arrived earlier and urged me to have access to the apartment immediately. Despite my wish, and as it is not an hotel with 24 hour reception, it was not possible at that time to let her in before 3PM. I was obliged to repeat it 3 times to Sheila as she was insisting (a lot).

When you try to offer the best experience to your guests, as I’m trying to offer, it is a big shock to receive a review like the one she posted. She gave me 2 stars only for her stay in my apartment complaining about almost everything:
About the fan (that she broke, replaced and asked me to reimburse it…); about the two twin beds that she said were "very uncomfortable" and the mattress covers that protect the mattress "was to noisy"; about the sheets (we do not use top sheet in France when we have a bed comforter cover); about a large hole in one sheet (that the cleaning lady still did not find…); about the towels that are all « threadbare » according to her (they are 6 months old only); about the washing machine, the dryer, the neighborhood, the restaurants, the grocery store, etc.

Sheila and her group stayed 3 nights in my apartment but never got in contact with me during her stay despite she had all my contacts. I’m very sorry she had a so bad experience in Paris and in my apartment. I do assume all of these frustrations are linked with the fact I did not reimburse her the fan she bought to replace the one that was broken after her stay but not before her stay... In these conditions this is very easy for anyone to make unfair comments and try to harm. If the possibility was offered to me, my notation would be 1 star only for this guest.
Diane D
Wakefield, Rhode Island
“Magical holiday in Paris!”
Reviewed 18 April 2018 for a stay in April 2018
people found this review helpful

We spent several days in Paris, staying in this Paris apartment. Bertrand, the owner, was very very nice & responded to me very quickly with all my questions. Elisa, who is the immediate contact for checking in, was just lovely!! She helped us check in, allowing us to leave our bags a little early, which was much appreciated. And she brought us fresh croissants!! OH MY!!! How great is that??? We loved Elisa!! Paris is an amazing city to visit! And this location was great! Close enough to major attractions (a short walk to Eiffel Tower) yet in a safe, quiet neighborhood. The apartment is clean, neat and spacious! Everything we needed was there and when I had a question about the dryer, Elisa responded immediately. We were very pleased with our apartment and would not hesitate to recommend staying here. Thank you, Bertrand & Elisa!!

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
10 Sep 2018
Dear Diane, many thanks for your very nice review. I'm very pleased you enjoyed your stay in my apartment. Hope to welcome you again in the future.
Kirk0
Kingston, Ontario, Canada
“Excellent Paris Rental Family Option”
Reviewed 21 March 2018 for a stay in March 2018
people found this review helpful

Loved our week in Paris and going with a vacation rental was a great option. We enjoyed the apartment and everything Paris has to offer.

In term of the apartment, it was exactly as advertised and consistent with all the reviews. Located on the 3rd floor of a very nice and quiet apartment building. It is on a quiet side street and also facing the back side of the street opening onto a small green courtyard. So it was very quiet and a nice area to be able to open the doors in the evening with a nice balcony. Also nice to hear the birds wake you up in the morning. There are 2 bedrooms, 1 with 2 separate beds and the other with a larger European Queen sized (I think) which was very comfortable for 2 people. The other bed option is a pull-out in the living room ... this bed was ok for comfort. A bit better than a normal pull-out. Overall the sleeping arrangements were fine four our family of four (2 parents + 2 teenagers), plus 2 other adults.

Other details of the apartment were as listed - separate small toilet room, another room with a bath/shower and sink, I think both a washer and dryer were available for use (we did not use them). Kitchen had everything and was well stocked with utensils, pans, etc. We appreciated some of the basic pantry items were already present (i.e. cooking oil). One of the bedrooms could use some TLC (peeling paint) but this is just cosmetic and overall apartment was clean and spacious. As well, 2 small elevators for service which were fine. My only comment is that some of the logistical details of the apartment we had to figure out ... turns out the owner has a very good guest book with all the details but we did not get a copy. Just be sure to ask the owner for this before you arrive (it is available electronic). Not being from Europe, the automatic (and some manual) closing metal blinds for all the windows were something new for us. Great for sleeping in and security though.

As all the other reviews mentioned ... great location. Lots of lovely shops nearby for all your food and other essentials. We cooked breakfast (plus bakeries) for ourselves each morning and got take-away from many local options each night for dinner. This made for a nice relaxing start and end for our long tourist days.

For those more active, great location for jogging as well. Very close to the Seine River and nice options for jogging. The man-made walkway in the Seine river nearby was very nice both for a morning jog and evening walk. You are about 30 minute walk from the Eiffel Tower and 5 minutes from the Metro (as well as the train which you can use to take to Versailles).

The hand-off on arrival also was fine. Texted the person who was designated to meet us and they were there early and no problem. Could have spent a bit more time on some of the apartment details, but most importantly they were at the apartment to meet us right at the agreed time (actually 30 minutes early, which was appreciated).

Finally, we took the owners advise and used LeCab for shuttle service both to and from the airport. Worked great for us, good price for our large group, and very relaxing. See LeCab reviews for more details. Just make sure you get the APP loaded before you leave.

In terms of Paris itself, an amazing City with so much history and lots to see. We spent 6 full days touring, covered all the highlights and would definitely come back. Visiting in March was great ... weather was pretty good (much warmer than Canada) and crowds were busy but in general not too bad. With all the walking you do, going in the spring (or fall) is I think ideal. Metro is also great ... recommend buying your tickets in groups of 10 to get the discount. We also did purchase a Museum Pass which was a good deal for us and avoided the ticket lines (still need to do a security line for all Sites).

So overall, strongly recommend this option and enjoyed Paris very much.

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
18 Apr 2018
Many thanks for your very detailed review. Based on your remark, and in order to offer the best experience, we have decided to totally repaint the room with 2 separate beds in April 2018. Thank you also for sharing your experience with Paris. Hope to welcome you again in the future. Best regards, Bertrand
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing