“Strange place”

Price range: US$7 - US$17
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast, Buffet, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Opera / Bourse
Description: L'Atelier de l'Eclair est la première pâtisserie entièrement dédiée au monde de l'éclair. Depuis 2012
Reviewed 10 August 2017

The eclairs are very good, although not the best. Tea is good. Place is neat. But the atmosphere is cold, there was somebody at the counter but he dissapeared after having served me and I sat there in a total empty space.

Reviewed 7 August 2017 via mobile

Tripadvisor states open when this place is clearly closed, avoid unless you enjoy wasting time walking here!

Reviewed 18 May 2017

Just got back from Paris, had so much fun, enjoyed great meals did too much shopping, and the weather was beautiful.
On the last morning I watched the BBC travel programme and the short documentary about the L'Atelier de l'Eclair. I couldn't wait to put my shoes on and a few minutes later I found myself on the front of the small shop in rue Bachaumont.

Took an advantage of the meal offer /sandwich, eclair and a drink all around €9.50
Wasn't good :((((
First sandwich ;
I think they took one step too far and served tuna in sun dried tomato "eclair bun" ??!?!?
It was sickly, very strange taste ... crumbly mess. Felt like it wasn't cooked, it is hard to explain
I think the owner tried to be innovative, different, but some things are best left alone ....

NOW eclairs - fairly small, nicely presented, loads of different flavours.
I opted to taste:
Madagascan vanilla
Dark chocolate
They were well filled, pastry was OK, a tiny bit too soft and soggy.
Filling tasted very nice but if I knew what know now, I would have stayed in my room.
I had much better eclairs in Opera district in St Germain etc

Another very disappointing fact about the shop: very dirty toilets and the downstairs area (steps and the hall). I walked into the WC and walked out - couldn't use the bathroom, it was very dirty.
Not good if you are in any industry but if you are serving food you should keep all areas of the business very clean ......
Wouldn't go back :((((((

1  Thank ntcro2015
Reviewed 14 May 2017 via mobile

These must be the best eclairs in Paris! Set in the Saint Denis area it's a great stop for those with a sweet tooth, delicious and innovative combinations are sure to make all taste pallets happy.

1  Thank ilTouristico
Reviewed 13 March 2017 via mobile

Stumbled across this little place when we were having a wander around and we could resist!

The eclairs are amazing