“WOW! What an AWESOME experience”
Review of Le Foodist

Le Foodist
Ranked #1 of 157 Classes & Workshops in Paris
More attraction details
Owner description: Located in central Paris, we offer French Cooking Classes, Market Visits, Patisserie Classes, Wine & Cheese Tastings and Hosted Gastronomic dining. All our events are in ENGLISH! Our experiences are unique as they not only involve intense tasting but also sharing fun and surprising stories to discover FRENCH CULTURE through FOOD.
Reviewed 2 April 2018

We attended a macaron class with Florence and it ROCKED! There were 8 people in our class with varying degrees of cooking skills, ages, and attention to detail, all of whom Florence managed with great expertise.

Florence had a great balance of teaching/showing us what to do, allowing us to do it and making sure it was fun at the same time.

This is going on our HIGHLY RECOMMEND list for Paris.

Thank you for the food, fun and knowledge.

NOTE: we will likely wait to make macarons again until we return - they are not easy! But they sure taste great and are fun to make :)

fredpouillot, Owner at Le Foodist, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2018

Bonjour JeninaNYMinute,

I am so happy to read you had such a great experience with Florence learning how to make Macarons. I am glad you enjoyed the balance of teaching, showing and then importantly having to do it yourself - as it is the only way to learn. Hands-on ... like all our classes at Le Foodist.

Many thanks for the HIGH RECOMMENDATION!

Fred

Write a ReviewReviews (1 386)
All reviews
"cooking experience"
in 39 reviews
"salmon tartare"
in 21 reviews
"wine and cheese pairing"
in 20 reviews
"croissant making class"
in 18 reviews

148 - 152 of 1 386 reviews

Reviewed 2 April 2018

My wife & I had a delightful experience during our French cooking course at Le Foodist.

Their location is charming and beautifully decorated.

I must give high praise to Fred, our instructor. He was friendly and provided us with so much hands on information about both cooking techniques and the history of French Cuisine.

Above all, it's so much FUN and rewarding to prepare such a delicious meal.

Who would've thought I'd ever prepare Coq au Vin Ballotine, Poiree Belle Helene & Puree Billes de legumes in Paris.

Overall, amazing experience.

Thank you, Le Foodist!

Bonjour MartinDuran,

thank you for highlighting the charm of our location; highly appreciated.

I am happy you liked our mix of hands-on information, technique and history as well. I am glad you got to prepare those classics - slightly revisited ... - at Le Foodist and enjoyed it so much.

Mille thank you for your very nice review!

Reviewed 2 April 2018

I was privileged to be in a special 3-hour baking course at "Le Foodist" where I learned how to bake the traditional "Éclair"
I registered through the "American Concierge" who introduced me to the school.
The place itself is amazing. It is decorated as a house, with a very warm atmosphere. It is very aesthetic, clean and gives a sense of professionalism!
Fredric, our Chef, was full of humor and taught us, with a lot of patience, step by step, all the secrets of baking the FRENCH ÉCLAIR. He even gave us very practical tips!
It was a fun session and we couldn't believe it was over. Time flew!!!
At the end we ate our Eclairs and it was worth all the calories. We even got a full take away box.
I have never thought I would enjoy baking so much but it was a unique experience. Thank you so much Fredric and all "Le Foodist" team!!!

Bonjour Hanita G,

it is a pleasure to read you enjoyed the atmosphere at Le Foodist so much. And that you equally enjoyed your instruction with Fredric - from secrets to tips. Through fun of course!

And I am glad you enjoyed taking a box of them home as well.

It was our pleasure welcoming you and we hope we will get the opportunity to welcome you back soon!

Cheers

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

It was an enjoyable experience overall but Anne seemed very stressed and overwhelmed. She did not appear to enjoy teaching the class. She was friendly enough but extremely frazzled and not very patient. Fun but not really worth the high price for the class

1  Thank speedyman525

Bonjour speedyman525,

I am glad you had an enjoyable and fun experience. And given your semi-anonymous honesty, I will assume that your enjoyed our facility, that the macarons were actually very good, that you enjoyed the teatime after the class, and leaving with a box full of macarons after the class met with your approval as well.

Given how personal your review is though, I had to ask Anne what happened in your class from her perspective.

The first thing she said to me when I told her about your reivew is that she was really sorry you felt that way (because Anne is actually very kind hearted), as her intention is always to provide a wonderful experience to our clients.

Then she reminded me that that particular Saturday afternoon you attended a class where there were four mother-daughters (for a total of 8 participants, our maximum in this particular class). And in those four pairs, two of them were with children way below our age limit of 12 years old for this class.

Just so anybody reading this knows, we put an age limit (found in our terms and conditions on our website) because to make a long story short, it is much harder to make croissants or macarons than chocolate cookies. And we know by experience that a younger child needs a lot (a lot) of attention to get through all the critical steps of making delicious macarons. Actually to be fair, it is also true of some adults :-)

And Anne did not have the heart to tell those mothers that they had not respected that age limit, as we have to assume they just missed them. So she took them in anyway.

And then she paid the level of attention to them that was necessary to ensure you all produced good macarons. And so she probably paid a little bit less attention to you and your daughter than to these younger children with their mothers - just ecause from her recollection your daughter was actually somewhat experienced and was doing fine.

So I want to apologize for the fact that obviously you and your daughter felt a little bit left out as a result. And I am sorry that it impacted negatively your perception of the value of this experience.

To note, had you simply reached out to explain how you felt, I would have gone through the same explanatory process with Anne, and as a consequence, I would have been happy to consider a partial refund. Obviously this is no longer relevant.

Cheers