“Trip through the wardrobe!”
Review of La Mangerie

La Mangerie
Ranked #2 028 of 19 144 Restaurants in Paris
Price range: US$35 - US$58
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Le Marais
Reviewed 2 April 2018

We were staying just down the street and decided to stay close for our first night in Paris. What a great choice!! We were treated to a very friendly greeting, then escorted from the bar to the dining room via the hidden door inside a wardrobe!! Not just fun though, the tapas were amazingly good and nice wine choices to accompany them. We had a fun and very seriously good meal to start our Paris/French travels.

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Fantastic food, good wine, unique ambiance and real friendly staff. Highly recommended for a warm and tasteful evening out.

Reviewed 23 February 2018 via mobile

I travel to Paris about 3-4 times a year for business and this is always been my "go to" place. Centrally located in Le Marais district filled with countless bars and restaurants but this place stood out amongs all. This beautifully decorated, lively restaurant offer varieties of fresh ingredients tapas and their menu is eclectic. There's everything for everybody. The staff are well trained, friendly and many are proficient in English (in case you don't speak French) and if you're ever hesitant on what to choose or need recommendation with food or wine pairing, they'll be more than happy to assist. On top of everything, the lively owner will be there to give frequent hugs, shots and kisses to make sure your "La Mangerie" experience is a memorable one.

Reviewed 28 December 2017

I went to La Mangerie on a Tuesday night - my first dinner out in Paris, as it was close to my hotel and I was still slightly jet-lagged. Even on a Tuesday night, the place was packed with people. I didn't have a reservation and was dining by myself, but I was able to sit at the bar. They give everyone a welcome shot upon arrival, which was really nice and definitely set the tone for the evening. I had the croquettes and potatoes, both of which were SO delicious and the Mimi cocktail, which was also great. But what I loved most of all about this place was the friendly, warm atmosphere. The owner and his team really make you feel like you're home. Not only did I get a few more shots on the house, but also a glass of champagne. They really know how to make everyone feel welcome and, as a solo traveler, I really appreciated that. In fact, I appreciated it so much that - when I came back to Paris two weeks later for just a one night stay before heading home - I spent my last night in Frnace here for a second time!

Reviewed 9 November 2017

Food was really good and tasty, but sadly the service was of a very low standard. Ordered wine which arrived at the end of our meals, ordered water which had to be asked for repeatedly. To apologize we were offered shots, which fair enough at least it is an effort, but there are other ways in which management could tackle such issues. The place is very fun for a dinner with friends.