“The best of the best in Paris!”
Review of Paris by Mouth

Paris by Mouth
Ranked #1 of 198 Food & Drink in Paris
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: There’s a reason why our tours are top-rated food tours on TripAdvisor and have been celebrated by The New York Times (twice!) and knowledgable foodies like David Lebovitz and Ruth Reichl: we keep our group sizes tiny, we spend generously at the best shops in town, and we only work with expert guides who have devoted their lives to food & wine. Our tours are in English and last for around 3 hours. They include some walking and standing, but also feature a seated tasting with wine pairings. Our tours are designed for adults. We’re unable to host children under ten years of age. Our price of 110€ per person is a little higher than the competition because we spend more than anyone else on premium tastings and to pay the most experienced and knowledgable guides in Paris. You’re also paying for the tiny group size.
Reviewed 2 April 2018

Every time I travel, I'm most interested in what the locals are experiencing. In particular, what they're eating.
The Beauty of Paris is by mouth is that they're pin pointing the best eateries in various neighborhoods.
And when I say the best I mean THE BEST.
Our group learned about MOF, Un des Meilleurs Ouvriers de France (shortened to MOF) which are unique and prestigious awards in France according to category of trades in a contest among professionals. From what we were told, it's extremely difficult to earn a MOF award.
The Boulangerie, The Chocolatier, The Charcuterie shop & the Fromage Shop we visited were ALL MOF award recipients. From the moment you stepped into each establishment, wall to wall perfection.
I was left in awe and thoroughly impressed with everything we were sampling in the Saint-Germain neighborhood.

I kid you not, it's the best of the best in Paris.

I cannot say enough about the level of enthusiasm and information our guide Steven provided.
He was wonderful.

Overall experience, A+.

Write a ReviewReviews (1 841)
All reviews
"cream puffs"
in 33 reviews

229 - 233 of 1 841 reviews

Reviewed 1 April 2018

My family and I joined Melanie on a tour (Taste of the Marais) and we all really enjoyed it, including my 10 and 13 yr old girls. My husband and I particularly enjoyed learning more about boulangeries, what makes a good croissant, etc. We all liked the chance to taste things. Melanie is really personable and so were the other people on our tour. My 13-yr old commented that the thing she liked the most was Melanie and the other people we were with. (I thought she'd be focused on the chocolate!)

Reviewed 31 March 2018

The Food Tour of the Marais gave us a chance to learn how to eat like a true Parisian and explore the local culture through our mouths and stomachs. My only regret is that we didn't do the tour a second day on our trip. Can't recommend this enough.

1  Thank Bruhaha420
Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

Amazingly delicious and instructive. Our guide Melanie was knowledgeable, flexible, and funny. The small group was conducive to forging friendships and making it more like a cozy amble with friends than a touristy thing.
If you like to eat and drink , this is the tour for you. And...we were STUFFED at the end!

See more reviews
Reviewed 29 March 2018 via mobile

I have to admit I had high expectations of this food tour and came hungry. I have done two food tours while visiting Madrid and Barcelona and left both tours feeling full and satisfied. But during our food tour with Paris by Mouth in the Marais district, we stopped by a boulangerie, a chocolatier, fromagerie, a deli and a wine shop. The final stop was the wine shop where we tried the cheeses and meats that we picked up on along the way. We tried three organic wines that were paired with the cheese and meats. I think we tried about 7 cheeses total and several deli meats including a rabbit pate and duck rillette. Our guide Melanie was very informative and entertaining, but I guess I came onto the tour expecting to eat a lot more that what we actually did. The tour was good, but I guess I just expected way more in terms of actual food we would eat than what was offered based on my previous experiences. Overall, it was still a great experience and should not be missed, but just make sure you eat a small breakfast beforehand.

The best stop was probably the boulangerie (134 rdt) because of the chouquettes and croissant. We ended up coming back the next day to pick up more food at the boulangerie and also try the food stands at the Marché des Enfants Rouge that Melanie had recommended.

2  Thank aiyaaah