“A Gem in Republique”

Cuisines: French
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Canal Saint-Martin
Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

De L'autre coté is a Parisian side-street wonder. Just a hop and a skip from the buzz of Républque, this spot is the 'it'
For a solo chill out aprertif or a group dinner. The owner Ali is heart and spirit of this space and wayfarer diners will no doubt feel the at home hospitality - and appreciate it. The offered menu is written in perfect cursive on blackboard slates outside on the sidewalk and in the intimate and colorfully lit interior. The ambiance is 'chez vous':) From Charcuterie. To a well-crafted cheeseburger et frites to Tajine poulet , the turn out of the relatively small kitchen does not disappoint. Oh laa and I made no mention of a pretty impressive ensemble of vintage wines!

Great place, Welcoming Spirit très bien! ENJOY

The Marabout Traveler

1  Thank Tejan K

Reviewed 20 June 2018 via mobile

I was welcomed by Ernest who made sure to serve me lunch even though the kitchen was not open. He's very friendly and made me feel at home. Such a great host!
I tried the canard dish which I strongly recommend.

Reviewed 29 April 2018 via mobile

Staying right next door my boyfriend and I were gutted we waited until our last days there to visit. The owner and his wife treated you like family giving the place a great cosy, happy, relaxed atmosphere. The opening hours were reliable which we discovered to be a difficulty with some other recommended restaurants in the area. The food was awesome rustic, good value, generous portions hit the spot every time. The wine was also quite good with a good selection of after dinner drinks. I would recommend to everyone particularly those staying near by (aka the Ibis stlyes next door).

1  Thank Elizabeth W
Reviewed 29 October 2017 via mobile

I must disclaim I am an American that speaks very little French. I stumbled in here on my first night in Paris. The owners are extremely friendly and the service is fantastic! I had the steak, sandwich me Bordeaux, and the chocolate cake fore dessert. It was an A+ meal and experience. I enjoyed it so much I went back on my last night in Paris and had an even better experience. I highly recommend this place. I will definitely be back on my next visit to Paris :)

1  Thank Alex J
Reviewed 15 May 2017

My wife and I dined here on 5/13/2017 while in Paris. The owner was fantastic, great personality, and was not shy around Americans. I had the steak, my wife had the chicken. The steak was a little more well done than i typically like my steak, however the flavors were there. The chicken was FANTASTIC. Roasted well, not overcooked, seasoned well, and the mash potatoes were on point. We also had a bottle of wine he recommended. The creme brulee was also out of this world. 2 entrees, a bottle of wine, and desert ran us about 66 euro's, which is a good price for fantastic service and food. It's a local eatery so support my new friend and try his restaurant. He also gave us parting shots of whisky to thank us for our business on a slower evening.

1  Thank codybiesinger