“Might as well go to De Flore”
Review of Cafe de la Mairie

Cafe de la Mairie
Ranked #13 967 of 18 808 Restaurants in Paris
Cuisines: French
Neighbourhood: Saint-Germain-des-Prés
Neighbourhood: Saint-Germain-des-Prés
Reviewed 28 June 2018

Since we always stay in the area this is our go to cafe, but really the dishes are pretty ordinary, and not cheap. If you’re going to spend this much money on cafe food, go to Café de Flore, where the dishes are much more expensive but also much, much better. On the other hand, this is the most convenient, quietest, most scenic café in the area, which is probably why it does so well.

Reviewed 19 June 2018

This is an old fashioned cafe that sits right on the Place de la Sulpice in the shadow (and sun later in the day) of the Saint Sulpice church. Its kind of a local place really, with the spattering of tourists that find it after they visit the church. But it has a flavor...and its reasonably priced, you can get an omlette with potatoes and ham or cheese, an omlette “mixed” and its...good, and the mousse au chocolats are lined up in the little fridge like soldiers ready to charge. Its an outside/inside Cafe, you can sit inside in winter, or outside, and in the spring summer you can sit outside. Of course the view is directly on to the church and fountains, and its offset from the street so you’re not bothered by the traffic, not too much of that anyways. There is a woman who I’ve seen at the bar EVERY DAY for the last fifteen years, she takes a lunch time coffee there, I think she’s a famous writer but I don’t know who she is...that’s the kind fo crowd you get there...people that have been coming and going there for years...

Reviewed 3 May 2018

Paris has cafes galore, where customers sit outside, watching the passersby. But Cafe de la Mairie is my absolute favorite because of its spectacular location. It stands right across the street from the Church of Saint-Sulpice and its beautiful monumental fountain. In good weather, at least three rows of small tables and chairs appear on the sidewalk, facing this view. In summer nearby trees provide cooling shade.

On my most recent visit in mid-afternoon, plenty of empty seats beckoned. I always choose the back row to decrease my exposure to vehicular traffic on the street. But I can still easily see the unfolding scene by the church and fountain. As always, a waiter appeared almost immediately and I ordered a cup of coffee. Unlike previous stops, no local resident eventually sat down next to me. Customers seemed to be mostly tourists, taking photos with their phones.

I have never eaten here. It has simply served as the perfect place for me to take a break at a quintessential Paris cafe.

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

We had here breakfast on the upper floor for the first time and was really good!!! The location and view of this cafe is one of the best in paris! In the. On the square just opposite seins Sulpice church and the fountain! Their hot chocolate is amazing! During lunch since we were around the corner we decided to have lunch!! We took the lamb bavette which was really juicy, soft and really tasty!!! I just loved this cafe!!

Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

So unprofessional it’s unacceptable. The waiters seem like they’re on vacation instead of at work...