All reviews avenue montaigne eiffel tower golden triangle great location quiet street rooftop bar business or pleasure deluxe room beautiful hotel five star hotel the entire staff room service beautiful room hotel bar paris trip mini bar breakfast was excellent
Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

I’ve visited Paris a few times and just got back from a short break with a friend. This hotel is by far the best hotel I’ve stayed in. From the location, service, cocktails and food, the staff could not do enough for you. Extremely accommodating even before we arrived, reserving tables for dinner and making sure we had a fantastic stay. I can’t recommend this hotel enough and will definitely be my go to the next time I go to Paris! Thank you Hotel Marignan!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
Marignan C, Directeur général at Hotel Marignan Champs-Elysees, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for sharing such generous recommendation on the Tripadvisor community! My team and myself we are truly flattered.
I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us from all points of view : service, guest relation recommendations and arrangements, our brasserie chic and cocktail bar Limon, last but not the least, the location. I just hope that you had the time to have a glass of champagne on the rooftop while admiring the amazing view on Eiffel Tower!

Thank you for being such a great ambassador and I truly look forward to welcoming you back, to your new favorite address in Paris!

Reviewed 28 June 2018

The Marignan is a personal favorite, and everything we look for in a boutique hotel.The location is excellent and it is small, with a distinct style and wonderful service. The bathrooms are enormous by Parisian standards, as are the well appointed rooms. The maid service and coffee/soap replenishment is the most thorough of any hotel we have stayed at; an important feature for those who actually use the coffee makers virtually non-stop.

Room Tip: Splurge and get the rooms with balcony and Eiffel Tower view

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for such a nice feedback and for such a great rating!
I have shared with my team your grateful comment and very I am delighted that you appreciated the service, the size of our rooms or bathrooms considering the Parisian standards, our great location 2 minutes away from Champs Elysees Avenue, Arc de Triumph and Montaigne Avenue, easy access to all sightseeing by walk. Thank you for highlighting the modern contemporary style of the hotel, the design.

I truly look forward to welcoming you back and remain your favorite address in Paris!

Reviewed 28 June 2018

I arrived with my wife and 1 teenager son on 1am after a 7hrs train ride, with expectation of a warm welcome on this higly rated hotel. The reception staff, Mr.Olivier, unexpectedly declined to accept us because in our initial booking we only register 2 adults without children. What made us become very upset and intimidated was the way he said that he don't have solutions because hotel Marignan stricly forbid a room occopied by more than 2 persons even your own child, for 'Security Reasons'. We're really shocked to heard such explanation from a 5* high rated hotel, in 1 am midnight, which mean we have to get out and find another hotel.
Luckily, in a response to pre-arrival survey sent to me 1 week earlier, I did explain that we've an update, and there'll be 3 persons occopant and requested an extra bed or sofa bed. Hotel reservation staff replied my request by informing that there will be no extra bed nor sofa bed for my booked Premiere room. However, never warning that they have the strick regulation regarding additional occupant.
So after more than 30 minutes of arguing and digging to the correspondences, we're allowed to check in, with an additional of Euro 150/night for the extra person.
That experience truly ruined our mood for the night and the entire 3 nights stay.
We do appreciate efforts made by Ms Marion by the next day, whom upgrade us (with addtional rate) to a family room for the one last night.
Overall other hotel staff are good and helpful. Room are clean, and location is great,
But, after allowing several days to cool down, we still can't let go that those intimidating experienced. To treat a customer in such way for me is an unbelieveable.
Also, the Euro150 extra cost charged/ night (without any additional facility as BF or extra bed) is unreasonablly very high compare to most 5* hotel. Beware for future Family decided to stay.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Marignan C, Directeur général at Hotel Marignan Champs-Elysees, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2018

Dear Mr Sudarto,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about your recent stay with us.

First of all, my sincere apologies , for the way you felt, and the way, it has been explained.

However I deeply believe that there is a huge misunderstanding since I really took the time to investigate each and every step prior to your arrival.

I could see that you have made initially 1 reservation 22nd to 24th for a premiere room, the entry room category.

Once you have made your reservations you have contacted us and request an extra bed. Our assistant manager answered back via email saying that unfortunately we do not have any extra beds and no sofa beds asking explicitly how many people you will be checking in, since the maximum occupancy for the booked rooms is 2 people. We have never had an answer back. Maybe you were already travelling.

Besides that, maybe you didn’t notice, on your confirmation has been mentioned as well " no extra bed possible – no baby cot possible – 2 guests maximum”. Maybe it has not been well explained, and once again I’m terribly sorry for that, however we were not prepared to welcome you 3 people instead of 2. However we have done our best with a hotel fully booked to accommodate the 3 of you in perfect conditions from the very next day, since the room you have initially booked it was not appropriate for 2 adults and 7 years child.

I truly hope that for a next trip in Paris with your family , filling correctly the number of adults and children, you will consider our hotel since, despite your dissatisfaction described here. We have a hotel family and children friendly. We have plenty of options for family rooms, different categories of connecting rooms, family suites, in order to fit all budgets with a full range of rates.

Just to have an idea here are the options :

• Family rooms : triple and quadruple occupancy from 28m2 to 36m2, different categories
• Connecting rooms for 4 people occupancy maximum : Premiere with Deluxe category ( aprox 45m2), Deluxe Eiffel with Prestige Eiffel (65m2)
• 1 Suite Champs Elysées, 6 people occupancy for 100m2
• 1 Suite Prestige : 2 adults and 1 child 12 years old, 70m2
• 1 Suite Friends & Family : 5 people occupancy (40m2 )

When we check our reservations and we expect children, we contact our guests and we like to know the children age, names and gender. We welcome children with nice amenities like sweets, games according to their age, coloring books, coloring pencils, teddies, etc.

Once again, I truly hope that I will have the chance to welcome you back and make you live a different experience,

Reviewed 26 June 2018

This is a great hotel and a bargain for the location. Tired of big fussy hotels in Paris? The Marignan is a small and delightful hotel just steps away from the Champs-Elysee and the Arc de Triomphe. We found it to be very modern and quiet with all the amenities a refined traveler would want. The staff was terrific and was very helpful with dinner suggestions. Would definitely stay here again on my next trip to Paris.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Marignan C, Directeur général at Hotel Marignan Champs-Elysees, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2018

Dear Thomas,

Dear Thomas,

Thank you so much for such a kind feedback and such a great rating!

I am delighted that you appreciated our recommendations and that you enjoyed the location! Indeed, a stone throw away from Champs Elysees Avenue, Arc de Triumph and Montaigne Avenue, easy access to all sightseeing by walk. I am very happy that you liked the modern contemporary style of the hotel, the design. I just hope that you had the time to sip a glass of champagne on our rooftop while enjoying the stunning view on Eiffel Tower, “high” away from the hustle and bustle of the city.

Many thanks for being such a great ambassador of our hotel!
I truly look forward to welcoming you back,

Reviewed 25 June 2018

Beautiful, striking, modern, tasteful! A stunning property, every detail considered. Service was top tier, with lovely touches such as macarons in our room in the evening at turndown for a special nighttime treat. The included breakfast is excellent, some of the most perfect croissants I've ever had, breads, lovely cheeses, eggs, meats, juices, anything you can think of, really.

The elevator was having difficulties while we were there, the call button wasn't working so we had to call the front desk whenever we needed to use it to have the elevator sent to our floor. Since our daughter has mobility issues, that was rather frequently, so that was an issue though I'm sure that's fixed by now. And we were extremely sorry that the roof patio with the amazing Eiffel Tower views is not open except in the evening/night. I understand that they can't have the bar service open all of the time up there, but it would have been nice to have the space open to guests to enjoy simply for the view, during the day time hours - as our time in Paris was so fully booked, we were not in the hotel during the night at all during the hours that it was open. So with regret, we never got to enjoy that space. Guests could use it during the day to sit, read, enjoy, take in the gorgeous views, drink their morning coffee, but though we checked, it is only open in the evening/night, sadly.

A beautiful hotel, excellent helpful staff, very quiet - no noise whatsoever to disturb our sleep. Our room opened onto a peaceful center courtyard type area, but the street the hotel is on is a side street, very quiet, so even the rooms situated at the front of the hotel would be quiet as well.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Marignan C, Directeur général at Hotel Marignan Champs-Elysees, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2018

Dear Mr Miller,

What a pleasure to read your feedback about your recent stay with us!
First of all thank you so much for taking the time to leave such a detailed comment!
I am so delighted that you appreciated all details like the macaroons amenities , the quality and the variety of the breakfast, the calm of the street though so close to the worldwide famous Champs Elysees Avenue!

I am profoundly touched the way you describe our staff since they do their outmost and they are very involved in their roles, young and enthusiastic .
I am, honestly sorry, about the issues you encountered with the elevator and I can assure you that it has been fixed by now.
The rooftop … I completely understand your frustration, since indeed the view is just magical…we have thought of all ways to share with our guests that unforgettable view, unfortunately we cant leave guests on the rooftop not attended.

Once again, many thanks for such a “superlative feedback” and please be sure that I will be more than happy to welcome you back,